Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
question about mattress pad for battiing >

question about mattress pad for battiing

question about mattress pad for battiing

Old 08-13-2010, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Theresa
Am so glad you presented this question. Was wondering the same as I have saved some matress pads with this usage in mind. Mine are too thick for wall hangings. Will look forward to more responses.
I used a matress pad for my mums lap quilt but it had the material on both sides, I have seen the ones with a paper like cloth on both sides, that had been washed a few times and it had pilled quite badly. so I am not sure I would use it for something that will need washing a lot. it was quite thin so would have been ok for a wall hanging.
on the other hand if you quilt thru it or do quilt as you go it would probably stabilize it
Old 08-13-2010, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by PiecesinMn
I never would of thought a mattress pad okay for batting. Seems there are those of the opinion that it is a great alternative and I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for the idea. All for saving money.
Who would really know the difference? It's inside the quilt and nobody is going to see it. So no one would know except the maker. Of course everyone knows about mine because I can't seem to keep my mouth shut about it and I tell everyone, LOL!