Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Question about pricing.

Question about pricing.

Hi everyone>.I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much it should cost to have a twin size quilt -quited with meandering stitches?

it depends on your location= the experience of the long-arm quilter, the pattern chosen ---there are lots of (variables) best way to find out is to find a quilter, call & ask- the prices vary across the country- and by many different (conditions)
    there is a list of quilters here on the board (check the classifieds section) you could see if there is one listed in your area then send her a private message.
    for a (range)===somewhere between $40 & $200.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Many longarmers charge by the square inch, so you need to know the quilt's exact size. Queens can vary greatly. A simple meander will be less per square inch than custom quilting, but it still varies quite a bit.

Are you the customer or the quilter? Is it done on DSM or LA? If you are a quilter you know that any type of quilting on DSM is a challenge with a large quilt. If you are a reasonably experienced LA quilter simple meander is the easiest. I am an absolute beginner when it comes to LA quilting and I can do a relatively decent job meandering. On my DSM I can do a great job but the pain of fighting the quilt under 6" throat is not worth it.

Probably will cost between $.01 to $.02 or more per inch. Call some LAQ in your area and ask.
    Proud grandma of Coast Guard grandson and Air Force granddaughter!

I recalled a post by Charisma about this. Go to her website for info. Www.charismascorner.com