Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: question for Gidget & Gidget 2 owners

Blog Entries

question for Gidget & Gidget 2 owners

I just received the acrylic insert for my Gidget 2 table...love the setup. I have a question though. Do you find that it's not slippery enough? Do you use a slider as well? I was hoping I wouldn't need one, but it does seem like it may drag a bit. I've got one of those flexible cutting mats that I used prior to having the table, and that worked pretty well for me, so I may try that on this one. My original Supreme Slider needs to be replaced and I just haven't had the extra $ to spend on that yet.

I'm just curious what the rest of you do to make it more slippery. I did hear of Sullivan silicone spray, but have not found it locally. Any suggestions on where I might find that?

I have gidget 2 but havent done FMQ on it yet but i have used a sew slip like the slider on my extension table and it does make a difference even on that
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D

Try a teflon sheet that you can get in the housewares department. I understand that these work just as good and are a lot cheaper.

Blog Entries
    This is what I do also!! Works great..

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts View Post
    Try a teflon sheet that you can get in the housewares department. I understand that these work just as good and are a lot cheaper.
    Gigi07

Learn from Yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow.