Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Gidget Table

Gidget Table

I had seen several threads about various tables for sewing machines and really appreciate all the info I have found! I ordered a Gidget II table with custom insert for my Baby Lock. The table arrived today, the insert will arrive in a couple of weeks. I had it out of the box, up, and my machine in place in about 10 minutes. So far, I really like it!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Living a 1/4" from the edge

cool thats a fast setup. It looks good is it sturdy?
    http://www.skillpages.com/DonnaValleyquiltermo
    Sweet Dreams come from under Cozy Quilts made with love.
    Life is short, take time to enjoy it. Play with your kids and g-kids,
    and do what you can for others.

Cool table!
    A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.

That looks like a really nice table

Good for you. I bought a table something like that from Leah Day (DayDesigns) and I can raise the shelf the machine sets on to make it level with the rest of table and it doesn't need anything else. Mine is very sturdy.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    I ordered one from Joann's on Black Friday sale that looks like this. Someone here said the tables were the same as the Gidget tables as she had both. I got it for $79 *1/2 price and free shipping. For that price it will be a great portable table to take to sew days, classes, and workshops. If it gets banged up no big deal.
    Got fabric?

question on Gidget table

I'm considering buying this table on-line; I have not seen one in person. My question is are you able to choose whatever level/height you want (to set your machine of choice) in order for the machine's bed to be flat with table's top? Or are their pre-set "stops" from which you must choose? I'd really appreciate knowing this. Thanks so much. Shesews
    SheSews (when she can)

Blog Entries
    I got my table today. It's very sturdy and almost too heavy to be portable to take back and forth. It is the same as the Gidget table because the instructions says: Also see our video of how to use the Gidget table at: arrowcabinets.com.
    It has adjustment to the platform to raise or lower so the machine will be level with the table. If you have an oversize machine you'll have to measure the length and width to be sure it fits in the opening.

I have a canvas bag that use to be for a mid size artificial Christmas tree that the table will fit in perfectly. That will make it much easier to tote as the table has no handle. If you want a table to transport this probably isn't the table you want, but for the price it was during black Friday I'm not complaining.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    that is really nice!
    I quilt for my sanity!