Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question on LA's >

Question on LA's

Question on LA's

Old 06-24-2015, 02:08 PM

A friend of mine has been a longarm for approx 12 yrs..she started with a used Nolting FunQuilter...eventually sold it to purchase a Nolting longarm with a 24" throat. She loved her FunQuilter and just recently bought one just like she had previously to use along side her full size machine. She loves her Noltings. She had purchased a used Handi quilter 16" throat machine but has since sold that as she prefers the Nolting machine.. I think the Nolting will stand up to years longarm quilting..it's a very sturdy machine and should work hard for you for years.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:32 PM

I first learned on a Nolting at the store where I worked and I loved it. It was simple to use and once you learned which thread it liked it worked beautifully.
Once I retired I was looking for a Nolting but did not find one in my price range and eventually bought a HQ16 and I really like it also. I liked the Nolting's metal table and poled better because there was less vibration. Every thing in the Nolting is metal--no plastic and like AnnaF said with proper care it could last a long time.....but they are both very easy to work with. For me the $$ would be would be a deciding point..
Old 06-29-2015, 03:35 PM

go for the Nolting while you have a chance to get it at a great price. You will never be sorry