Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Questions about wheelchair quilts

I like the foot pocket idea! Would have to be for patients that no longer walk. I made a quilt for my dad for his wheelchair...it was about 42x50.

Thank you, thank you, everyone! I am overcome that so many people here have good ideas to help me, and like the idea. I am pretty much of a "lone quilter" here where I live, and so your help is priceless.

I love the idea of a foot-pocket and once more, would love ideas or plans as to how to make the most useful one.

Thank you once more!
    Maggie in Jerusalem
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/maggiemwdesigns

Quote Originally Posted by Plumtree View Post
    I say this as a person who has never made one but I would want mine a little longer so that I could cover my toes. My feet are always cold and a quilt that only comes down to my ankles while sitting wouldn't get used very much. I want enough to tuck my toes under. Some people only have socks on when sitting in wheel chairs and I always think their toes must be chilly. I would say it would be more of a rectangle than square and I think flannel would be perfect--again I am always on cold side so I think everyone is cold :-)

Can't wait to see your projects

Tammy

I think the nursing home wants them this size. 36. X. 36.
    Keeps the quilts from getting caught in wheelchair wheels. Better verify with the facility.

Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2