Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick binding tool

Red face Quick binding tool

I have been struggling everytime I have tofinish the binding on my quilt. I get it all sewed until I have to put the ends together which I want to finish with the seam sewn diagonally. Well I bought the quick binding tool awhile ago and never could figure it out until last night. the last three days I have been ripping my end trying to sew them right. A light went on last night when I finally thought to google binding tools and found a video from Missouri quilting. I had to watch it several times and even brought my quilt down and sat and did it together. Well it worked!! I'm so excited. It actually took only a few minutes once my brain registered how to do it. Do others have this problem. If so check out the tool and website. I'm not sure how to attach a link or I would.
    Sharon

Blog Entries
    I'm glad it works for you, I need to look into it. Now you got me curious and I will check it out!
    ♥♥♥ Loving Mama ♥♥♥

If life gives you scraps, make an angel quilt out of it!

My answer to every question is "Have you googled it". I have found the videos from the Missouri Star quilt shop/show very helpful. I am happy for you. It feels so good when a plan comes together, no matter how long it takes.

in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    How did we ever learn anything before Google??
    aka Chicken McLittle

If it's true we learn from our mistakes, I'm going to be a genius!

Quote Originally Posted by dmarcho View Post
    My answer to every question is "Have you googled it". I have found the videos from the Missouri Star quilt shop/show very helpful. I am happy for you. It feels so good when a plan comes together, no matter how long it takes.
    I love my binding tool........I also watched the Missouri Star video with my quilt in front of me.....just paused each step and finished joining the binding.

Blog Entries
    I seem to have a problem with my brain and that tool. Every single time I use it, ( I swear ) I sew it together wrong and it is twisted. I'm starting to not use it and sew them straight. I get so frustrated. I have watched the video, but need to watch it again. By the time I'm doing the binding...I just want to finish
    P.Jaco
    OKC, OK
    "Trust your experience"

I didn't know there was a binding "tool"! I will have to check this out also, as I hate finishing a binding. Yes, I am the same way.....sometimes it takes be a little while to wrap my brain around something, but then it is like a light bulb turning on. Good thread. I want one of those tools.
    Shirls

Blog Entries
    The binding tool is at the top of my list. I have watched the videos and read what others have said; it really seams to save time. You are not alone in that it sometimes takes quite awhile for things to click in my brain waves also.
    Brenda

Bering able to google things is a great frustration saver.

Blog Entries
    Oh Google, how we all love you! I watched and now I want a binding tool!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast