Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quick binding tool (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quick-binding-tool-t167617.html)

Grammie Sharon 11-11-2011 04:28 AM

Quick binding tool

I have been struggling everytime I have tofinish the binding on my quilt. I get it all sewed until I have to put the ends together which I want to finish with the seam sewn diagonally. Well I bought the quick binding tool awhile ago and never could figure it out until last night. the last three days I have been ripping my end trying to sew them right. A light went on last night when I finally thought to google binding tools and found a video from Missouri quilting. I had to watch it several times and even brought my quilt down and sat and did it together. Well it worked!! I'm so excited. It actually took only a few minutes once my brain registered how to do it. Do others have this problem. If so check out the tool and website. I'm not sure how to attach a link or I would.

lovingmama 11-11-2011 04:32 AM

I'm glad it works for you, I need to look into it. Now you got me curious and I will check it out!

dmarcho 11-11-2011 04:36 AM

My answer to every question is "Have you googled it". I have found the videos from the Missouri Star quilt shop/show very helpful. I am happy for you. It feels so good when a plan comes together, no matter how long it takes.

MaryAnnMc 11-11-2011 05:16 AM

How did we ever learn anything before Google?? :thumbup:

Nana2Sew 11-11-2011 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by dmarcho (Post 4664875)
My answer to every question is "Have you googled it". I have found the videos from the Missouri Star quilt shop/show very helpful. I am happy for you. It feels so good when a plan comes together, no matter how long it takes.

I love my binding tool........I also watched the Missouri Star video with my quilt in front of me.....just paused each step and finished joining the binding.

pjaco 11-11-2011 06:10 AM

I seem to have a problem with my brain and that tool. Every single time I use it, ( I swear ) I sew it together wrong and it is twisted. I'm starting to not use it and sew them straight. I get so frustrated. I have watched the video, but need to watch it again. By the time I'm doing the binding...I just want to finish

Shirls4sons 11-11-2011 06:14 AM

I didn't know there was a binding "tool"! I will have to check this out also, as I hate finishing a binding. Yes, I am the same way.....sometimes it takes be a little while to wrap my brain around something, but then it is like a light bulb turning on. Good thread. I want one of those tools.

Chicca 11-11-2011 06:35 AM

The binding tool is at the top of my list. I have watched the videos and read what others have said; it really seams to save time. You are not alone in that it sometimes takes quite awhile for things to click in my brain waves also.

quiltaroni 11-11-2011 06:36 AM

Bering able to google things is a great frustration saver.

luvstoquilt 11-11-2011 07:11 AM

Oh Google, how we all love you! I watched and now I want a binding tool!