Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: quick question about walking foot

I am making a purse. The pattern instructs me to use my walking foot but then it tells me to be sure to reverse over the zipper. I was under the impression you should not reverse when using your walking foot. Can you?

Blog Entries
    Some can and some cannot. If you are unsure, I would just turn the whole purse around and stitch, and then turn it back around to finish sewing the zipper. :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    i don't think i'd try to use a walking foot to install a zipper. you are correct, you shouldn't reverse when using a walking foot. the pattern instructions are probably in error.

The zipper is already in and I am sewing the side seams and sewing over the zipper.
    Maybe my manual will tell me. When in doubt......LOL

I read through most of the manual and it did not mention whether I could or could not backstitch with the dual feed foot attached. I even tried calling the 800 # which said to call anytime but they are closed until tuesday morning for the holiday weekend. Oh, well. Thanks for your help!

Blog Entries
    Never heard this before. I piece with my walking foot on at times and I reverse. It's a foot, the machine does the reversing??? I have 3 Janome machine and use a walking foot for 2 of them. I could use it on the 10000 as well but I use that just for embroidery. For sewing at home I use a P6600 and for going to lessons or group I have 5024.

Blog Entries
    Mine does not behave when reversing with the walking foot and any fancy stitches that include a backwards motion get all kinds of wonky.

Blog Entries
    depends on the brand. The mechanism in some will allow reverse stitching, some won't. Don't try it unless you know for sure. You can damage the foot if it's not built to work in reverse.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam H
    I am making a purse. The pattern instructs me to use my walking foot but then it tells me to be sure to reverse over the zipper. I was under the impression you should not reverse when using your walking foot. Can you?
    I guess that I'm lucky; I never heard this before because I do reverse with my walking foot. I have a kenmore/janome