Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt Back From Happy Crafters (Reasonable Price Place)-What Do You Think? >

Quilt Back From Happy Crafters (Reasonable Price Place)-What Do You Think?

Quilt Back From Happy Crafters (Reasonable Price Place)-What Do You Think?

Old 07-12-2014, 01:55 PM

I think the quilt is beautiful and the quilting compliments it.
Old 07-12-2014, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
Here's my take on the possible puckering that some of you may see in the photos: I define a tuck as a spot where the fabric is actually folded on top of itself creating a tiny pleat. I examined my quilt and did not find any of these situations. As for a pucker, I define those as a place where the fabric is slightly caught and gathered together but doesn't actually fold over upon itself. I may have a few of these, but I think much of what you see is just the "poof" of the batting pressing against the fabric where the stitching pulls it taut. When I press down on the fabric in these areas it lays flat by the stitching so I didn't call these puckers either. This is probably only a concern to those of us used to flat quilts, those that like puffy ones are wondering what the big deal is!! ;o). clear as mud??? Anyway that is why I posted the photos so you can judge for yourself if you are thinking of giving them a try. And yes, you have the option of specifying the type of batting (each is priced) or furnishing your own. I also forgot to mention they will also Machine bind if you want (I didn't). I asked them to trim but not bind, but they said they won't trim unless they bind it so mine came Back un-trimmed. Hope that helps!
Absolutely clear! That's why I said I don't think what I saw was puckers, but rather due to fluffy batting. I used to only use poly batting...I didn't even know about cotton batting until I found my lqs and got involved in machine quilting!! A lil embarrassing, but honest confession and all...
K
Old 07-12-2014, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
What post did you read? The OP was very fair and unbiased. She included pictures and her very first sentence in the review was "Overall I think they did a good job, certainly for what I paid." Jeanne also freely admitted "What I don't like, and it is my fault for not asking in advance, " So no bad mouthing. She worded her pros and cons of the experience equally and fairly and included pictures for each and every one of us to make our own determination. finally she concluded: "I would recommend Happy Crafters for the economical cost and pretty good overall quality work."

Definitely no bad mouthing in this post.
I also saw no bad mouthing. Nothing but an honest review and admission on her part about the batting and she did readily conclude that she would recommend Happy Crafters.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:55 PM

Communication is very important as I am learning from this post. Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-13-2014, 03:13 PM

Cannot tell the scale of quilting which influences the cost greatly. And as a longarmer- let me assure you, you do not set it and walk away. Probably got what you paid for. I would charge in the same ballpark for what is shown.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:35 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dhchjh View Post
Cannot tell the scale of quilting which influences the cost greatly. And as a longarmer- let me assure you, you do not set it and walk away. Probably got what you paid for. I would charge in the same ballpark for what is shown.
with batting and backing included? There is no way I could do it for that price with backing and batting inclusive. Going rate in the northeast usually starts around .015 per s/i for E2E pantos. .01 for an all over loose meander.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:08 AM

Love the fabrics you used. Can you tell me anything about the fabrics and if they are from a fabric collection? Do you know the manufacturer and/or designer? Where you got the fabric, etc?