Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt Back From Happy Crafters (Reasonable Price Place)-What Do You Think? >

Quilt Back From Happy Crafters (Reasonable Price Place)-What Do You Think?

Quilt Back From Happy Crafters (Reasonable Price Place)-What Do You Think?

Old 07-12-2014, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by EthelA View Post
What is the name of the pattern you used? I love everything about your quilt!
EthelA, the pattern is called "Modern View" and was in the January/February, 2013 issue of the McCall's Quilting magazine. designed and quilted by John Kubiniec. It was a VERY easy quilt with large, 14"x14" blocks.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by BETTY62 View Post
I think your quilt looks great. I would love it if a LAQ in my area would use the high loft batting because I love the extra fluff.
You can request the batting you want or you can send the batting you want with your top and batting to the LAQ. I love the extra fluff too.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:04 AM

I think the quilt look great...love the colors and design.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:24 AM
Power Poster

I like your quilt top very much, even if I'm not a "modern" mouse...more traditional.
It's beautiful.
I would never become a longarmer or sew for others "by request".
Like some fabrics, I don't do well with the picking apart.
I agree, for the price, you got a nice deal.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:59 AM

I think the quilter did a good job.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:04 AM

I love it. I think the quilting pattern is appropriate and like the high loft. Sometimes we all need something soft and puffy. froggyintexas
Old 07-12-2014, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
I like your quilt top very much, even if I'm not a "modern" mouse...more traditional.
It's beautiful.
I would never become a longarmer or sew for others "by request".
Like some fabrics, I don't do well with the picking apart.
I agree, for the price, you got a nice deal.
I have to agree with you on not doing quilting professionally... Same reason I couldn't be a hairdresser..lol
I also am terrible about picking apart my OWN work. It's funny, as I don't do it to others, tho. Guess it's like that saying, "We're our own worst critics". Also, I am not a longarmer, so no way I can judge it except amateurishly thru my own eyes, and most of the time it's beautiful to me!
I always say if we all liked the same stuff how dull this world would be...
I also will say when I ask for opinions or feedback I know I take the positive and the constructive criticism. I didn't see Jeanne S. as saying anything bad about the company. I thought it was an honest unbiased opinion. And I immediately saw where she claimed the batting issue as her own.
Hope to see more pics soon of other quilts sent to them for quilting!
Kif
Old 07-12-2014, 12:21 PM

Th quilt is pretty and I think the quilting is very nice. FYI: Happy Crafters website states that you can send your own batting and backing and provides the measurements needed etc. I can't wait to have a quilt LA'd for the first time by Happy Crafters Money is a big issue right now. You know what I mean?
Old 07-12-2014, 12:54 PM

I like it As it's not heavily quilted or so many heavy different quilted designs. although it's looks like they are some tiny puckering in it?
Old 07-12-2014, 01:45 PM

Here's my take on the possible puckering that some of you may see in the photos: I define a tuck as a spot where the fabric is actually folded on top of itself creating a tiny pleat. I examined my quilt and did not find any of these situations. As for a pucker, I define those as a place where the fabric is slightly caught and gathered together but doesn't actually fold over upon itself. I may have a few of these, but I think much of what you see is just the "poof" of the batting pressing against the fabric where the stitching pulls it taut. When I press down on the fabric in these areas it lays flat by the stitching so I didn't call these puckers either. This is probably only a concern to those of us used to flat quilts, those that like puffy ones are wondering what the big deal is!! ;o). clear as mud??? Anyway that is why I posted the photos so you can judge for yourself if you are thinking of giving them a try. And yes, you have the option of specifying the type of batting (each is priced) or furnishing your own. I also forgot to mention they will also Machine bind if you want (I didn't). I asked them to trim but not bind, but they said they won't trim unless they bind it so mine came Back un-trimmed. Hope that helps!