Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilt kits...

Quilt kits...

One of the hardest parts of quilting for me, is choosing fabrics. I will spend hours and sometimes days and days agonizing over fabric and color choices. I would like to try a quilt kit where everything is already coordinated! I know connecting threads has kits. Are they good quality? Any other sites that are good to order from?

Connecting Threads has wonderful quality fabrics so I would think their kits would be good too.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

I bought a table runner kit once and the fabric was excellent. I am really picky about color and this was perfect, don't be afraid of buying from them.

Blog Entries
    Keepsake Quilting is another quality shop to buy kits/fabrics from. I've used them for years.
    Every Sunrise brings a blessing

I bought two kits from CT-- a table runner and a Christmas quilt. Both were very nice. I, too, have a hard time choosing fabric. Lately I have been buying mainly fabrics in the same line, a yard or 1/2 yard of six or so fabrics. I have also been using layer cakes, charms and fat quarters from the same lines.
    I don't want to brag but I can still fit into the earrings I wore in high school.

I've seen some beautiful quilts made from kits, so I don't mean to discourage their use. When I started quilting my least favorite part of the whole process was picking out the fabrics. But I kept on doing it, until now it's one of my favorite things to do. If you stick with it, it will become easier, and more fun, and there is a lot of satisfaction in knowing that your quilt is unique, not made from a kit.

Connecting Threads is very generous with the amount of fabric they send in their kits. I think I have enough for a second quilt from the kit for a kid's quilt.
    I Quilt Therefore I Am

Pat

Auntevie: Too bad we don't live close to each other. My FAVORITE part is picking the fabrics. I could pick the fabrics and you could sew!

Blog Entries
    Creative quilt kits has a great online store and their fabrics are great!

Has anyone tried John Flynn's precut kits? He has a Drunkard's Path I really like.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast