Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilt kits >

quilt kits

quilt kits

Old 09-25-2015, 04:30 AM

I am not a kit buyer but did get one from there and I had a Lot of left over fabric. If I were to purchase another kit I would go there!
Old 09-25-2015, 05:19 AM

Ditto all of the above. Can't say enough good things about Connecting Threads!
Old 09-25-2015, 07:10 AM

I ordered my one and only quilt kit and it was from CT. I was impressed by what they give you. The kit was their Sprinkles and it was on sale at the time so double bonus for me. I decided to make 2 smaller quilts from the kit so knew I would need to add to the background fabric. This kit gave me 36 fatquarters and 5.25 or 5.5 yds for the background. Of the fatquarters I needed to cut only 8 - 2.5 x 6.5 from each so plenty left over. Don't remember how much I had to add to the background fabric as I had it on hand anyway. I was so impressed with how much extra they gave that I won't hesitate the next time I order a kit. Haven't been impressed with companies on pre-cuts though as sometimes they're not cut correctly so won't buy them again.

Connecting Threads has a great Customer Service and if they make a mistake they will correct it at their cost. I just received the extra fabric from my last order where they gave me the wrong fabric plus when I mentioned that another fabric looked to be over-dyed they offered to replace it hoping the new one would match what I had. Haven't opened the package yet but I have always been impressed with their service. I keep most of their personal collections on hand and have most all their cotton and polyester threads. The cottons may be linty but at the price I'll overlook it.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:15 AM

Yes, they are generous with fabric. I love their kits, and fabric.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:58 AM

I have bought several of their quilts and had plenty of left-overs for errors. I tend to shop their clearance stuff and have not been disappointed yet! Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 09-26-2015, 02:31 AM

I love Connecting threads kits....more than generous with their fabrics..and yes I do make boo boos but still have leftover fabric.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:33 AM

NEVER have a problem with their kits.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:53 AM

I love Connecting Threads. I bought 2 kits in the past & had plenty of fabric. They have great customer service if you do have a problem. I only have had a few problems in some fat quarter bundles I bought one time. There was a couple fat quarters missing out of the bundle. They replaced them right away. Don't forget though that you need to buy backing & sometimes binding but they tell you that right on the page where you purchase the kit.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:56 AM

I bought a kit from them and the panel I needed was missing, Handmade from the heart, and when I called they credited me for the whole kit and I had yards of material. Found the panels at Annie's not long ago and they were not cheap, but got some as I love the pattern, enough to sort of make the pattern. Great people and service.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:06 AM

I have made several kits from them, never short on fabric