Thread: quilt kits
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 07:10 AM
Snooze2978

I ordered my one and only quilt kit and it was from CT. I was impressed by what they give you. The kit was their Sprinkles and it was on sale at the time so double bonus for me. I decided to make 2 smaller quilts from the kit so knew I would need to add to the background fabric. This kit gave me 36 fatquarters and 5.25 or 5.5 yds for the background. Of the fatquarters I needed to cut only 8 - 2.5 x 6.5 from each so plenty left over. Don't remember how much I had to add to the background fabric as I had it on hand anyway. I was so impressed with how much extra they gave that I won't hesitate the next time I order a kit. Haven't been impressed with companies on pre-cuts though as sometimes they're not cut correctly so won't buy them again.

Connecting Threads has a great Customer Service and if they make a mistake they will correct it at their cost. I just received the extra fabric from my last order where they gave me the wrong fabric plus when I mentioned that another fabric looked to be over-dyed they offered to replace it hoping the new one would match what I had. Haven't opened the package yet but I have always been impressed with their service. I keep most of their personal collections on hand and have most all their cotton and polyester threads. The cottons may be linty but at the price I'll overlook it.