Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt Kits >

Quilt Kits

Quilt Kits

Old 02-26-2017, 02:00 PM

As mentioned check out the fabrics as soon a you get the kits. I have had a couple of kits with shortage. One of them I thought was my cutting mistake so I just ordered more fabric and as I started cutting on it I realized in order to make the amount they set me originally work, you would have to use half the selvage to get the correct number of blocks. Another one they just plain shorted a piece of fabric. I had bought that quilt on clearance and then waited 6 months before I used it. The shop was temporarily closed and I had a piece in my stash that I liked better so just used it. I have also had good luck with kits and will order again. The latest from Connecting Thread was very generous with the fabric.
Old 02-26-2017, 02:30 PM
Power Poster

i just bought the kit. lets hope it easy and quick. i need a quick for a gift. thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:38 PM

I agree you should check it out as soon as you get it. I have had some kits that were great. My first quilt ever was a king size kit with a million pre cut pieces but it got me into quilting we still have it after 40 years.
However another more recently came with fabric that was not as pictured and the final product was poor because of that. I should have sent it back!
Old 02-27-2017, 07:00 PM

"All I did..." followed by a list and a bunch of etceras. That made me laugh!
Old 02-27-2017, 07:24 PM

Just make sure you read the pattern closely. If you cut it wrong, you won't have enough fabric.