Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilt Labels

Quilt Labels

How do you all make quilt labels for your quilts? I use a Mac computer. I have a really old HP quilt label program but it is not supported by Apple. I haven't been able to find a newer one that works with apple. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks Pati

I have a bunch of fabric labels that I write on w/ a black sharpie marker. Sometimes I have made a label out of coordinating fabric....I don't use a computer - I don't like a papery label on a fabric project..
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

Blog Entries
    I have Sewnsewer2 here on QB make mine!!! Embroidered and fair price!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

i cross stitch them.

quilts usually find their names as i go along, so i use that, my name, completion date and sometimes something else; a picture or something cute.

isolde

I use my HV,SE...and embroider them and make them like "patches" and then hand stitch them on.
    Those who are piecemakers will sew seeds.

Hugs,
    Drue

I have handwritten them in Sharpie on a piece of coordinating fabric, or a small quilt square. I have also printed them on fabric and then hand sewn them to the quilt. I have to admit, though, that I'm not very good about putting a label on every quilt.... I know, I know!!
    -Chris-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blessed are the children of quilters, for they shall inherit the quilts....

It does not do well, Harry, to dwell on the dreams....and forget to live. - Albus Dumbledore

I usually design the label in EQ7 and then print it onto fabric. With EQ it's easy to print blocks on the label (as a border usually) that match the blocks on the quilt. I can also download photos into the label, so it's very personalized.

Becca - using the printer to print on fabric doesn't give you a papery label at all.

I have used this printed off and then added my information with a permenate marker. Quilt Labels.com
    Earleen The best helping hand is at the end of your arm.

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    I have Sewnsewer2 here on QB make mine!!! Embroidered and fair price!
    DITTO--she's the best and her labels are beautiful.
    The Trike Riding Quilting Diva

I bought a little book a long time ago that has different quilt labels that you color and fill in the information. I also have some that came from a yard of fabric that was full of labels. However, I have also done them through the computer, and then gone over the print with a pigma pen. I've also gotten clip art that I like and make a frame, add the text to the center, and usually print it out on paper. Then I use my light box to put it on fabric. I have used a variety of pigma pens, gel pens-gelli roll, and ones that are not metallic. I usually paint them with pigment ink, iron and then attach to the back of the quilt.

If it is an applique quilt I make a small flower, or animal and then put the writing on the fabric with it. Another possibility is to make one of the blocks, outline, miniaturize it then paint with pigma ink pens.
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast