Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt for mom >

Quilt for mom

Quilt for mom

Old 04-01-2011, 05:42 PM

Hi everyone. I am the daughter of owlvamp, Nicole. The topic will be closed on her account and here is the topic for mine. I will PM everyone to let yall know it has been deleted. I would like to thank everyone for there kind words and for donating blocks. We are making 9 1/2 inch blocks using Mickey Mouse, black, red and yellow material. I do not know a lot about the different designs for the blocks. Do not worry about making a certain block just do whatever you would like. I am not picky at all. :) Just please use the material stated. My mom has had migraines everyday for 3 and half years now. They are getting worse and she is going for a MRI. They think she might have a tumor. She goes to the doctors once a week and has many more appointments. I do not know anything about quilting or how to even ask for the help. I know she loves getting on here and talking with the ladies. She just sent chicken blocks out for a swap. Anyways she is always freezing and I would like to know if you all could help in making her a really nice warm quilt. I figured a twin/full size would be ok and she loves Mickey Mouse. He is her man. Is there anyone who would take on the task of collecting and making the quilt? I do not know how to start let alone make one. Sorry. So I figured this is where I should go for help. Please let me know if anyone can help. :) I would greatly appreciate it very much!
Old 04-01-2011, 05:46 PM

Gramma Babs: wrote this on other topic. I just copied and pasted.

ok all.... check out this link
http://quilttaffy.blogspot.com/2010/...-tutorial.html

how about if we could get some of us to make these blocks....if so... and the want to send them my way.. i will put together.. and quilt them... nothing fancy... i have a frame and machine... i'm a pretty fair "loop de looper"... then just need to know where to send it along..
just an idea... i'll be watching this thread...

Also there is a web site and I love the Mickey Heads.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:25 AM

for anyone intersted in making MM blocks for horselover's mom!!!!!
She's thinking 9 1/2".... i've never worked in a group before... just do my own thing... ie.. my post of 2 quilt tops finished...
you can all see i am not a pro,, but like to have fun doing this craft and would LOVE to put together anything that comes my way for her MOM.... so if this link grows.. perhaps we can get enough... just send along to me and i'll get them together ( with any suggestions for guidance):)
feel free to pm for address or e-mail..
Let's see what happens Nicole!!!! hugs, bj/Barbara
Old 04-02-2011, 06:31 AM

Ok now i can take part in this since it was all drama before. So can i make the applique or whatever it is block from the website you provided it looked really fun and cute, but i don't have mickey's fabrics i'll just use reds blacks...etc. If yes pls PM me you address to send the block. I have a bunch of mailing to go to board members anyways.
God bless you for doing this
Originally Posted by GrammaBabs
for anyone intersted in making MM blocks for horselover's mom!!!!!
She's thinking 9 1/2".... i've never worked in a group before... just do my own thing... ie.. my post of 2 quilt tops finished...
you can all see i am not a pro,, but like to have fun doing this craft and would LOVE to put together anything that comes my way for her MOM.... so if this link grows.. perhaps we can get enough... just send along to me and i'll get them together ( with any suggestions for guidance):)
feel free to pm for address or e-mail..
Let's see what happens Nicole!!!! hugs, bj/Barbara
Old 04-02-2011, 06:42 AM

LOL... things can get a bit dramatic can't they... :P
You might want to see if "other's" hop on board.., but i think this just might work... i agree... when i read this request... that blog came into my mind... i found it a while back and just thought it was sooooo cute... !!
I'm thinking... people can try to stick to her colors... do what they want and i'll get them together... i'll probably have to add or subtract to pieces anyway... i'll pm you with address...
You can be the 1st one!!!! bj
Old 04-02-2011, 07:09 AM

I am on it today...
Old 04-02-2011, 08:04 AM

Thank you... this is gonna be fun i think!!!bj
Old 04-02-2011, 08:50 AM

Do I have this right?

1. We should make 9 1/2" blocks (not quilt-as-you-go).
2. We should use the Mickey head pattern at http://quilttaffy.blogspot.com/2010/...tutorial.html.
3. We should use red, black, and yellow fabrics.
4. If contributing, we should PM GrammaBabs for address to send block to.

Additions? Corrections?
Old 04-02-2011, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by sushi
Do I have this right?

1. We should make 9 1/2" blocks (not quilt-as-you-go).
2. We should use the Mickey head pattern at http://quilttaffy.blogspot.com/2010/...tutorial.html.
3. We should use red, black, and yellow fabrics.
4. If contributing, we should PM GrammaBabs for address to send block to.

Additions? Corrections?
I had been trying to work with GrammaBabs so we could set up site but I see its taken off here lol

Heres some applicques I will be sending they are 4" high
If you can maybe incorporate colors from "mickey" and make blocks and she can plaster him where ever she wants.lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

The other things she may need are:
the batting material
warm cuddly backing!!!

Thanks cheryl :thumbup:
Old 04-02-2011, 02:09 PM

thanks cheryl....
those of you that wnat to do the "Micky" from the quilt taffy blog.. that's great....
Other's if you just want to make up a block in the back, yellow red.... fabric or prints of those colors.. please do... i am a lover of taking what's available and "making it work".. the appliques can be "sprinkled" around...
if anyone wants to pm me before they send that's great... otherwise, please just pm me and i'll send along my address.... Horselover... just give me a shout if you have any questions... Barbara