Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilt pattern using fat eighths >

quilt pattern using fat eighths

quilt pattern using fat eighths

Old 12-11-2013, 07:02 AM

Default quilt pattern using fat eighths

I have a kit I bought from Connecting Threads on clearance at least a year ago that is for a wall hanging but there is plenty of fabric for a full size quilt. There is over a yard of a beautiful focus fabric and 15 fat eighths not to mention almost 2 yards of a solid fabric. I need a easy block pattern that would work with all the different fat eighths and the focus fabric. It needs to be simple because I do not do the really small pieces due to shoulder issues that limit the amount of cutting and sewing I can do at a time plus I got a nick on my cornea last spring that I can still "feel" if I do a lot of close up stuff (I'm a mess!) . I have just started sewing again and using my computer a little in the last couple of months. I can't think of a thing other than a D9P and I have made 2 of those and would like to do something different. I look forward to all the ideas that you all will have.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:29 AM

I have a pattern for a star quilt that used fat eights and 2 plain focus fabrics but it used triangles on a roll. Or a shadow box quilt might work also. PM if interested and I can send pics through an email.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Power Poster

Have you thought of the falling charms??? Just a thought. It is on my bucket list if I ever finsih up all my Xmas gifts that need to be done yesterday !!!
Old 12-12-2013, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
Have you thought of the falling charms??? Just a thought. It is on my bucket list if I ever finsih up all my Xmas gifts that need to be done yesterday !!!
Thanks, I forgot about MSQC, I found several I liked there. I never thought about cutting the eighths down to charm size. I could get several charms out of each one.