Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quilt Shops in the Chicago area

DH and I will be in the Chicago area at the end of May, so I was hoping you all could help me locate a couple "must see" quilt shops in the area. Actually we will be staying in Lisle, IL. Any suggestions would be appreciated. And, if you know the area, then what else is there to see and do? Thanks in advance. (Any members close that want to meet for a quick cup of coffee - or in my case tea?)

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    The Art Institute is one of the finest in the country!!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    The Art Institute is one of the finest in the country!!! :D
    Thanks! I saw that they had one and wondered if it was some place we should visit...definitely will put it on my list!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Nursie76, once when we were there I saw the most amazing Renoir exhibit. I was hyperventilating!!!
    They have fabulous things!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Nursie76, once when we were there I saw the most amazing Renoir exhibit. I was hyperventilating!!!
    They have fabulous things!! :)
    Renoir! That sounds awesome...I will have to check their website and see what the current exhibit will be.

Fabrics 2Etc in Bensenville (closest?), A Touch of Amish in Barrington, Quilter's Destination* in Arlington Heights, Quilter's Heaven in Northbrook. All good, but I haven't been to Barrington in ages. Linda Zs Sewing Center in Arlington Heights is a large multi-brand sewing machine dealer with ever-expanding fabric, thread, and notions.

Ooo, and to see, Morton Arboretum is in Lisle, if you like trees, walks. Brookfield Zoo. I work nights and sleep days (nurse) and my brother is visiting the end of May (I do pray!), so I might not be available, but PM me and we could try! Tons of museums in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Maia B
    Fabrics 2Etc in Bensenville (closest?), A Touch of Amish in Barrington, Quilter's Destination* in Arlington Heights, Quilter's Heaven in Northbrook. All good, but I haven't been to Barrington in ages. Linda Zs Sewing Center in Arlington Heights is a large multi-brand sewing machine dealer with ever-expanding fabric, thread, and notions.
    Wow! Thanks, that's a great list. :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Maia B
    Ooo, and to see, Morton Arboretum is in Lisle, if you like trees, walks. Brookfield Zoo. I work nights and sleep days (nurse) and my brother is visiting the end of May (I do pray!), so I might not be available, but PM me and we could try! Tons of museums in Chicago.
    Love trees and walks...and zoos! Bless you for working the night shift! When I was working in the hospital, it was 3-11 for me...when I got mandated into the night shift...it was nice pretty :shock:

Will PM you.

Blog Entries
    have a great trip.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast