Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt Shops in NW Arkansas >

Quilt Shops in NW Arkansas

Quilt Shops in NW Arkansas

Old 05-15-2011, 06:06 AM

Good Morning,
I'm traveling to NW Arkansas (Gentry, Rogers, Bentonville, etc.) in the next couple of weeks to visit my mom and sister. They don't sew but I would love to visit some local quilt shops. Does anyone know of some in the area?
Thanks,
Jennifer
Old 05-15-2011, 06:08 AM

Driving or flying??
Old 05-15-2011, 06:12 AM

There is the Rabbit's Lair in downtown Rogers. There is another one is Siloam Springs, too, can't remember the name but if you google quilt shops in those areas, it will pop up. While you are there, find time to visit War Eagle Mill, about 12 miles outside Rogers, worth the visit. You can buy cornmeal, grits biscuit mix, flour, jellies and jams, just a great place to visit. You can even have lunch on the 3rd floor in their Bean Palace restaurant. Of course, no visit is complete without going to AQ Chicken, the best chicken in the world. Enjoy your visit. I truly love that area of Arkansas.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:22 AM

Thanks. I actually drove out last year to visit so we did make it to War Eagle. I brought back a lot of their products and then placed another big order in September. Since I'm flying this time, not sure we'll make it but we may. I can always ship stuff home.

Thanks again!
Jennifer
Old 05-15-2011, 06:23 AM

I'm flying this year. From Colorado to Gentry is an 11 hour drive and with gas prices not doable. I got great prices on the plane tickets through Southwest.

Thanks,
Jennifer
Old 05-15-2011, 06:31 AM

Of course, no visit is complete without going to AQ Chicken, the best chicken in the world.
I SECOND YOU ON THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I spent a few years in the area back in the late 70's and early 80's and the chicken was OUTSTANDING then and it is still as good today!! There is also a pretty good BBQ place called HoBo Joes just outside of Lowell. I lived close enough to smell it on a windy day!!

Enjoy your trip, the weather is great this time of year!

jodi
Old 05-15-2011, 06:41 AM

Thanks.
Jennifer
Old 05-15-2011, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by jodimarie
Of course, no visit is complete without going to AQ Chicken, the best chicken in the world.
I SECOND YOU ON THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I spent a few years in the area back in the late 70's and early 80's and the chicken was OUTSTANDING then and it is still as good today!! There is also a pretty good BBQ place called HoBo Joes just outside of Lowell. I lived close enough to smell it on a windy day!!

Enjoy your trip, the weather is great this time of year!

jodi
Hobo Joe's was always one of my favorites, too, but it has went out of business and is now ........ a Pawn Shop. Such a sad end to a very unique business. The insides were covered with antiques, bowls, kitchenwared, they had a real old gas pump and some of the glass globes that fit on the newer/old gas pumps. They would bring out a plate of onions and peppers as an appetizer. You aren't that far from Ft. Smith, they have some nice places down there, too. Only 35 minutes away using the new road. Eureka Springs is only about 35 minues away, too. Great time of the year to visit.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:00 AM

We may have to go to Fayetteville also for Mom. Thank you for all the suggestions. I'm hoping to find some treasures while I'm there :)

Jennifer