Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilt shows in PA

Has anyone evr been to the Quilt Odyssey quilt show in
    Hershey, PA? If so, is it worth the trip, and how does it rate compared to the one in Lancaster and Philadelphia?

Blog Entries
    sorry, haven't been.

Been to both. I really like Hershey better. Lancaster seems so spread out and I see no rhyme or reason to it. Hershey is laid out where all of the quilts are in one place and the vendors are somewhere else. I like it much better that way. I will be at Hershey again this year.

When is the Hershey quilt show. I'd love to go!

I have been three times. Not the best show at all and the prices at the Hershey Lodge have skyrocketed. However the location allows you to go to the best quilt and fabric shops. I have also gone to Lancaster twice. Again, not a great show- spread out, and the vendors were not so great. Going allows you to get in the car and go to Zooks, Sauders, Burkholders- and that is worth the trip.

Quilt Odyssey 2011 DATES: JULY 28-31
    hershey lodge & convention center
    merchants mall & exhibits open thu-sat 10-6 and sun 10-4
    admission only: $10 for a one-day pass; $12 for a multi-day pass.
    If registering for classes, registration fee includes a multi-day pass & commemorative pin.
    for directions: go to www.hersheylodge.com and click under "location & directions."

Quote Originally Posted by Daisygirl
    Has anyone evr been to the Quilt Odyssey quilt show in
    Hershey, PA? If so, is it worth the trip, and how does it rate compared to the one in Lancaster and Philadelphia?
    It all depends on what you go to a quilt show for. Lancaster and Oaks, PA are larger in general, but sometimes they are just too big. I'm prejudiced, because I vend at Quilt Odyssey, but I know the organizers opt for quality over quantity and try to have a nice balance in the merchants mall. We had to wait for quite a few years to be accepted as categories and spaces are kept to a certain maximum. The quilts are always stunning and I think are laid out better than some of the larger shows. But of course that is just my humble personal opinion....And the available food is way better.