Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilt for sick child

Blog Entries
    I have a cousin in the hospital with phnomia and I was thinking about makeing her a quilt. I don't know what pattern to use. She is just a year old and is on a vent and very sick. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Claudette :cry: :cry:

Sorry to hear about your cousin. I (like many on this board) have been making quilts for kids and Downy's website has the patterns on there. They are easy, small for a child and can be as bright and colorful as you want. I'd recommend you use soft fabric so it's cuddly. Hope this helps.

I'm sorry to here about your cousin. My niece had pneumonia when she was about 7 months old and luckily came out okay. I don't know the name of a pattern but I think a quick quilt would be to take a 2 or three different color fabrics cut into several squares and sew them together and add some borders. I hope she does better and is out of the hospital soon.

Blog Entries
    Hoping for a speedy recovery {{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}
    What about just a basic 9 patch or a disappearing nine patch. Do you have a lot of different fabrics maybe an I Spy quilt ?

The quickest quilt I've ever made was a baby quilt using the "Warm Wishes" pattern. Search for it online, the pattern is simple. Also, a disappearing 9 patch is easy and quick too.

I hope your little cousin gets better real soon.

Hugs and kisses and I pray she is home soon with her loved ones.

Am presently working on quilts for kids and they are using a 4patch...then a theme block next to it..and so on....right under 50" and it goes quick. Skeat

anyone interested in the helping make the quilts, it is also w/downey...go to: www.quiltsforkids.org and check it out..great cause and idea:)So is this idea for making a quilt for this sick little one;)

something very quick, that can be washed a ton as in the hospital she will need it washed daily.. something cuddly.. I saw the cuttest thing at Target the other day super soft baby blanket fabric that had a bear or rabbit etc head and was sewn under that head (like a ghost might be made?) and the rest of the blankie hung down. so it could be cuddled.. I thought shoot if I had a little one I would give them that.. something to hug, chew on (lol) .. a friend anda blanket

Banned
    ahhh sorry about your cousen. i sure hope she recovers fast

Hope she gets better soon. I would use a nine patch.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast