Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt for small camper >

Quilt for small camper

Quilt for small camper

Old 09-11-2014, 02:59 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
I would pick some of the fabrics you are talking about and add some batiks it mellow it out. With the batiks, you can create sky, water, grass, butterflies or whatever you want. Or use the woodsy fabrics as the centers of big stars and pick some coordinating fabrics for the points, Or, make a quilt with an 8 or 10 inch wide cut that goes all the way across the width of the bed, or at least the top. Alternate with a calm smaller separator strip, then put in another wider strip of a different fabric or even the same. This was one I did with some grass fabric. I love how it turned out. This one is only one width of the fabric for each band, so you would have to do drop borders, or blocks.
i ;ove this quilt and the idea... looks so quick to put together
Old 09-11-2014, 04:06 AM

Barb In Louisiana, I love your quilt. What is the name of the pattern?? (Don't know what BQ is...)
Old 09-11-2014, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
Barb In Louisiana, I love your quilt. What is the name of the pattern?? (Don't know what BQ is...)
The red travel quilt's name is BQ. It is by Maple Island Quilts. It is my fav go to quilt pattern. Do not use directional fabrics and you don't really have to do any planning for the quilt. If you use directional, more thought has to go into how to cut out the smaller pieces to keep them in the same orientation. Someone on the board made a t shirt quilt using this pattern. That was a great thought. I've been asked to do a t shirt quilt for one of my Granddaughters and I will use this pattern. And I'll frame it with her school colors. It will be really neat!

Note: I wish I could thank whoever on the quilting board was that made the tee shirt quilt, but I didn't save your name. I really liked it for tee shirts. Thanks for the inspiration.
Attached Thumbnails tee-shirt-bq-quilt.jpg  
Old 09-11-2014, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
The red travel quilt's name is BQ. It is by Maple Island Quilts. It is my fav go to quilt pattern. Do not use directional fabrics and you don't really have to do any planning for the quilt. If you use directional, more thought has to go into how to cut out the smaller pieces to keep them in the correct orientation- vertical, sideways, etc. Someone on the board made a tee shirt quilt using this pattern. That was a great thought. I've been asked to do a tee shirt quilt for one of my Granddaughters and I will use this pattern. And I'll frame it with her school colors. It will be really neat!

Note: I wish I could thank whoever on the quilting board was that made the tee shirt quilt, but I didn't save your name. I really liked it for tee shirts. Thanks for the inspiration.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:20 AM

Thanks Barb, just ordered the pattern!
Old 09-11-2014, 01:51 PM
Power Poster

Search for fabric with maps on it. I have found some really nice map fabric that isn't kitchy looking and shows different places of interest across the map. Really cool.

Ohio stars make a very nice quilt for a camping theme, like sleeping under the stars!
peace
Old 09-11-2014, 02:00 PM

Do you like paper piecing? I think these designs from Etsy are super cute: https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1517..._home_active_9 (no affiliation, just an admirer).

You can make them as colourful as you want, and use even wilder fabrics to sash/bind if you're so inclined. She also has other outdoorsy/camping-themed patterns in her store, so you can mix and match the blocks you like.

Last edited by Jennifer23; 09-11-2014 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:17 PM

Find an out-doorsy panel that you can build a quilt around it. I made one for my nephew from a panel and borders - about 6 of them - with fabrics that represented something that he likes about a warm summer day.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Jennifer23 View Post
Do you like paper piecing? I think these designs from Etsy are super cute: https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1517..._home_active_9 (no affiliation, just an admirer).

You can make them as colourful as you want, and use even wilder fabrics to sash/bind if you're so inclined. She also has other outdoorsy/camping-themed patterns in her store, so you can mix and match the blocks you like.
Those are really nice. Haven't done any paper piecing yet so feel very intimidated by the process.