Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt store marketing tactic - bit of a rant >

Quilt store marketing tactic - bit of a rant

Quilt store marketing tactic - bit of a rant

Old 01-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Banned

I didnt take your post as negative, and I hope that you didnt take mine that way either.. I was actually agreeing with you, and trying to provide some input on why it might have happened..

Old 01-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Zoo

Originally Posted by jstitch
and have a few cookes...
Cookies would have definetly changed my opinion of the shop! LOL
No worries Jstitch, I do appreciate your point of view, I just wanted to clarify my origonal post since I can see how it would be confusing what I was ranting over.

I like Patrice's idea of shopping with an open mind and open eyes.... 'tho usually I also have an open wallet too, because let's face it, for every deal I end up finding (or even if there isn't one!) there's always a fat quarter, or yard of fabric, or 2, that just needs to come home with me as well.
Zoo
(edited because I can't spell)
Old 01-11-2009, 06:09 PM

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

From what you ladies all describe about quilt stores in America i am drooling..you dont know how lucky you are to have so much choice! I live in Perth, Western Australia and there are only a couple of stores close enough to me that sell sewing machines with a little bit of material! But i would much rather shop there and pay higher prices (and make less quilts) than shop at spotlight which is a huge store with lots of material (quite often discounted) and only very few gadgets. My main gripe is the staff there arent helpful and havent had enough training to be able to give good advice and some of their fabrics are very poor quality. So ladies what i am trying to say is shop at your local quilt stores otherwise they will go out of business and then the big boys take over and there goes all the fun of being able to check out new gadgets and fondle and drool over all the materials as it is not the same when you shop online!!
I look forward to our once a year quilt show as then i can ooh and aah over all the beautiful fabrics and gadgets and i save money all year so i can have a big spend on material and gadgets that i cant usually get.
One day i hope to visit at least some of your beautiful quilt stores...
:P
Old 01-12-2009, 01:00 PM

I very much appreciate all the quilt shops, Wal Mart fabrics, Joanns, and Hobby Lobby that we have here in Phx. AZ.
I also use quite a few Web stores. Quilt in a Day, Fabric Depot, Hancock of Padukah, Connectiong Threads, Thousands of Bolts, etc.
You can see where all my money goes.