Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilt as you go

Has anyone bought Penny Halgren's Quilt as you Go DVD mentor set? If so, were you please with the instruction and feel like you got your money's worth? I want to learn the techniques of QAYG, but I want to invest my money wisely. Thanks for your reports.
    jean

Blog Entries
    All you need to know you can find it in Georgia Bonesteel quilt book. I think every library has it. It's the bible for QAYG. There are many great videos on Youtube exactly how to do it.
    One thing I have been doing is using the binding tape for batting to fuse the quilted blocks by the batting together. It sure makes it easier and the quilting can go all the way to the end of the fabric. Save your money for now and check out the free resources for this way of quilting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    All you need to know you can find it in Georgia Bonesteel quilt book. I think every library has it. It's the bible for QAYG.
    Would that be her first book on lap quilting? I just checked my library on line and it looks like she has 4 or 5 books on lap quilting.

There are different methods to QAYG. Google this and add tutorials and you will find a variety of tutorials as to how to QAYG.

I have used the instructions on the following link for 3 quilts, and I am pleased with the results:

http://www.quiltingworks.com/cabin-f...iltasyougo.htm

Dayle

I have a tutorial on this posted. It is under 'Quilt as you go that Deb uses'. Step by step pics.