Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilted Childs sweatshirt pattern

Does anyone have a quilted sweatshirt pattern that I could get. I want to make one for my Grand-daughter>> want to applique kittens on it. I need some kind of directions for this. I have a mental block going on here because of this.Sooooo any advice for me out there? Thanks

Blog Entries
    Can you rip out the seams, Sew around the edges to stabilize them and when it is laying our flat, use the sweat shirt as a pattern for the batting and backing? Then do the applique work and stitch it back together? I have done appliques by copying pictures out of children's books.

Blog Entries
    I forgot to say: I took the quilting up to the edge of the neckline, sleeves and waist. A few times I omitted the ribbing and just finished all of the edges, too.

You can check out both e-PatternsCentral.com or www.GrandmasAttic@compuserve.com. They have a mix of both quilt and clothing patterns...might also google sweatshirts.com Amma making patterns from clothes is a standard practice in seamworking...there should be no problem. I would advise using muslin as your pattern material...it would be more durable ,you won't have to risk cutting the original, and you will have a permanent sweatshirt pattern to work from.

Thank you to everyone who gave me suggestions about the sweatshirt pattern. You are all great! Thanka again.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, I will try using muslin next time