Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: quilted jacket

Blog Entries
    I have seen the quilted jackets made out of sweat shirts. I have a pattern but have not tried to make this yet. There is a dear friend of mine that would love to have one of these. Does anyone know of a good tute that would help me with this process? Plus are they hard to make?

They are not hard to make. I know that there is a tutorial on this board by one of the members. I made one for my MIL and she really seems to like it.

I found the link for the tute by Uglycook:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-48923-1.htm

Here is the link to the one I did. I used a different method so mine has a different effect:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-46230-1.htm

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the information. I guess I will just have to take a deep breath and just jump in.

You can do it. Keep us posted.

Blog Entries
    It will probably be awhile. I have some things in the works at this moment. I am trying very hard not to start anything else until I complete them.

Quote Originally Posted by chamby
    It will probably be awhile. I have some things in the works at this moment. I am trying very hard not to start anything else until I complete them.
    That is something I am not very successful at :lol: :lol:

I used to be that way too. Now I seem to have a lot of UFOs.

I have seen the quilted jackets made out of sweat shirts. I have a pattern but have not tried to make this yet. There is a dear friend of mine that would love to have one of these. Does anyone know of a good tute that would help me with this process? Plus are they hard to make?
    Go to Kaye Wood TV and there is an excellent video on the process. It is called "Fractured Bargello Jacket" in the wearable art section. There is also another quilted jacket project on the site.

http://www.kayewoodtv.com

I have seen these tutes and can't wait to try one, but I saw one with strips but at a diagonal and V shape down the back. Do they cut the back down the middle to do this? Does anyone know how this is done? Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jitkaau
    Go to Kaye Wood TV and there is an excellent video on the process. It is called "Fractured Bargello Jacket" in the wearable art section. There is also another quilted jacket project on the site.

http://www.kayewoodtv.com
    Thanks but could not get that video to play. When I click on it she was making a purse. I did not click on the purse link.