Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilters Cache Website >

Quilters Cache Website

Quilters Cache Website

Old 06-12-2011, 07:55 AM

This website is a wonderful source but I have one issue that maybe you all can help me figure out. The back ground stationary sits behind some of the text and illustrations on the right side of my screen and obscures it to the point that sometimes I can't read it. Is there any way to view these designs and instructions without the background or stationary on each side of the screen? The left side is usually ok but the right side on my large screen is always behind text or an illustration. Thanks, Ann in TN
Old 06-12-2011, 08:06 AM

Not a computer wiz here however I was wondering if that is the only site you have trouble with. Also, what is your dpi set at? I have to have mine larger due to visual problems.............calla
Old 06-12-2011, 08:14 AM

Try adjusting your zoom in or out and see if that helps.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:17 AM

you need to adjust the size of type in your control panel. you can right click on your desk top and go to personalize to do this.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:18 AM

Quick fix might be to "change zoom level"....hold down the CTRL button and then tap the minus ( - ) key, next to the number zero. To put it back, hold down CTRL and then tap the + key.

Or go to the lower right hand corner and click on 100% (or whatever yours currently lists) and change it to your liking.

HTH!
Old 06-12-2011, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by calla
Not a computer wiz here however I was wondering if that is the only site you have trouble with. Also, what is your dpi set at? I have to have mine larger due to visual problems.............calla
Yes, this is the only website that I have issues with, that I can recall. The resolution is set at the recommended default which is 2048X1152 and the DPI at 9 point Segoe UI @ 96 pixels per inch. It is set to 100% not any larger than recommended. Ann in TN
Old 06-12-2011, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Melrose V
Quick fix might be to "change zoom level"....hold down the CTRL button and then tap the minus ( - ) key, next to the number zero. To put it back, hold down CTRL and then tap the + key.

Or go to the lower right hand corner and click on 100% (or whatever yours currently lists) and change it to your liking.

HTH!
Whooooo Hooooo! ! ! That did the trick. Thank you so much. Now I can save the designs without all the background printing. Ann in TN
Old 06-12-2011, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by ncredbird
Originally Posted by calla
Yes, this is the only website that I have issues with, that I can recall. The resolution is set at the recommended default which is 2048X1152 and the DPI at 9 point Segoe UI @ 96 pixels per inch. It is set to 100% not any larger than recommended. Ann in TN
The thing is, unless somebody has exactly the same monitor and computer with the exact same software version and settings it probably looks different to them. You just have to play with your settings until it looks good to you. On my verion of IE there's a drop down labeled "page" at the top of the window. I use it on practically every website to adjust them to my liking. I can quickly adjust the zoom and the text size. My monitor is more square than new flat panel monitors so I change things to fit it. Plus I sit farther away than most people do from their screens so I change things so I can see them.