Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilter's Will >
  • Quilter's Will

• Quilter's Will

Old 02-19-2010, 02:51 PM
    Power Poster

It will be up to my DD to dispense them as she sees fit. I have told her I want Grandkids and Great Grandkids to have any quilts I leave and she can have my 5 sewing machines, etc. and all the fabric she wants, the rest she can see if a church group would want it. 2 Granddaughters don't sew and don't want to learn.
    Old 02-19-2010, 03:01 PM
    Bev

Originally Posted by Barbm
    well Bev, if you are concerned about them having a good home, you can avoid the heartache from heaven and just send them to me now. I will take very good care of them.
    I'm sure you would. However, I'd like to continue using my stuff for however many years I've got left. Who knows, I may live to be one hundred. I think what I'd better start doing right now is using up my stash in every way possible. Gosh, what a macabre subject. I'm sorry I got started on it. It's too grim to dwell on.

;)
    Old 02-19-2010, 06:53 PM

I already made my will a couple years ago and never thought of my sewing machines and boxes of fabrics. My son told me, "Don't worry mom, I plan on having a big yard sale."
    Old 02-19-2010, 07:06 PM

I have mentioed in passing to my DH what/who things should go to. Start with DIL and Sons what do they want, friends then students next,after that sell what he needs to and then notify my quilt guild.
    I told him I would create a speedsheet in excel, and have accessories labeled as to which machine they go to.
    If someone comes across the quilters will I would use it also.
    Old 02-19-2010, 08:41 PM
    Banned

gee that really is a bad thought, I only have one daughter inlaw right now as my other to boys arent married yet, maybe they never will ones 29 this may. my daughter inlaw dose not sew at all, she likes paper crafts. I will have to put some thought in that one.
    Old 02-19-2010, 09:32 PM

This is kind of weird but I was just thinking about this the other night too. I have four boys & one dil right now who doesn't care about quilting at all. I know my husband would just get rid of everything as he has threatened to do many times with all my tubs of fabric. I was thinking of writing up something so that when the time comes they would know what I wanted done with it (hopefully not for another 70 or so years & that would put me at 130 years old so maybe I would have gotten through some of my stash!) If you do find the will or if someone comes up with a good form let me know because I know I have to have something in writing. DH has no clue how much money I have invested.
    Old 02-19-2010, 09:37 PM
    Power Poster

Aw heck, if my DH dumps my stuff in a dumpster, I'll just come back and haunt him forever! :lol:
    Old 02-21-2010, 05:48 AM

My DD & DSI say they are going to have two dumpsters brought in and start filling them.........I will come back & haunt them! I think I'd better stop buying fabric and start sewing more.