Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilting Blues

I am feeling a little sad because I was really excited about taking a quilting class tomorrow. The class was about designing a wall hanging (which I have never done because I am a beginner) and my plan was to make this for my cousin who will be celebrating her first year as a breast cancer survivor. I have chosen all of my pretty pink fabrics for the wall hanging. Then today, as I was preparing dinner I received a phone call that my class has been cancelled because I was the only person who signed up!! :(

So now here I sit just staring at the beautiful fabrics and wondering how in the world can I create a wonderful wall hanging to honor my cousin? I turn to all of you, my extremely talented and amazing quilter friends. Do you have any suggestions for this clueless beginner...lol?

Hugs!!!! It is such a let down when that happens. I am sure you will receive lots of help from people on this board.

Kat

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccai
    I am feeling a little sad because I was really excited about taking a quilting class tomorrow. The class was about designing a wall hanging (which I have never done because I am a beginner) and my plan was to make this for my cousin who will be celebrating her first year as a breast cancer survivor. I have chosen all of my pretty pink fabrics for the wall hanging. Then today, as I was preparing dinner I received a phone call that my class has been cancelled because I was the only person who signed up!! :(

So now here I sit just staring at the beautiful fabrics and wondering how in the world can I create a wonderful wall hanging to honor my cousin? I turn to all of you, my extremely talented and amazing quilter friends. Do you have any suggestions for this clueless beginner...lol?
    How about a mini bargello? Few pieces up and down and fewer stripes across? Make a sketch and maybe you can imitate the breast cancer pink ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccai

How about a mini bargello? Few pieces up and down and fewer stripes across? Make a sketch and maybe you can imitate the breast cancer pink ribbon.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Here's one they say is easy. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-86840-1.htm

klc
    How disapointing. Hope you find the right pattern to fit your material.

I'm sorry your class got cancelled that stinks.

Have you just googed breast cancer wall hanging to maybe get some ideas as to what you want.

Maybe a simple log cabin around a center piece that you have a a 4 square of the pink ribbons each done in a different fabric.

I am sure you will be inspired by someone here.

Good Luck and Grats to your cousin for a healthy year and many more to come.

I know the disappointment of being cancelled in a class. I've since not signed up for ones at that store!

I am blessed now, as another LQS runs their classes even if only one signs up, in respect of those of us who do. It's a pay back to her with lots of business from many .... and bonus, when it happened to me, last summer, I had a private session!

Sorry 'bout your class :( but these ladies will give you wonderful ideas!

I have a questions about the quilt in your avatar photo...name of the pattern? Possible link to pattern? I've been looking for a similar pattern for years & had no luck. Thanks for any info you can give me. Love that quilt!