Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilting design paper for printer

I need a few suggestions for printing designs on some sort of paper that I can pin to my quilt for quilting. I am not going to even try free hand without a pattern to follow. I need paper that will be easy to remove after sewing to my quilt that is also printer compatable.
    Thanks everyone! I know I'll get some good suggestions here!

I used regular printer paper. Small stitches to perforate it and misting it with water afterwards will make it fairly easy to remove.

MTS
    Banned
    Vellum.

There are a couple of recent threads here on the board (within the last week) about choosing what to use for paper piecing, but the requirements are basically the same - stable, viewable (transparent for placement), printable, and easily removable.

I don't think Golden Threads Paper comes in sheets or is printable, but if you were drawing your design, that would be an option, but pricey. Clear & Press is cheaper and more readily available.

Blog Entries
    Here is a wash away stabilizer that goes through the machine and makes it so easy to quilt through, I use it all the time, either in the sheets or by the role if I want my borders to be one long sheet.

http://www.ericas.com/embdesigns/sta...s_floriani.htm

Thanks everyone! Will check out all these options to find one that works for me!