Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quilting is good for the soul!

Blog Entries
    Quilting is good for the soul. I like to listen to music when I am quilting it relaxes me.

What do you like to do when quilting?

Blog Entries
    I crank up the tunes, everything from old rock and roll to classical, as long as I can sing along to most of it. I tune out the world and quilt away.

I usually have my laptop with me in my sewing room - I like to put a DVD on in the background while I sew.

Sometimes tunes, sometimes tv, sometimes a book on cassette.

I light my lavender-vanilla candle from Bath and Body works...it smells so good and is a very relaxing scent.

Music or TV just something in the background. Sometimes, if I have my window open I like to yell at the dog across the street that barks CONTINUALLY!! She's not a bad dog, just ignorant owners, and she'S gotten pretty good at minding when I say, "Hey, that's enough now go lay down." Border Collies make better farm dogs than town dogs.

Pam
    Quote Originally Posted by raptureready
    Music or TV just something in the background. Sometimes, if I have my window open I like to yell at the dog across the street that barks CONTINUALLY!! She's not a bad dog, just ignorant owners, and she'S gotten pretty good at minding when I say, "Hey, that's enough now go lay down." Border Collies make better farm dogs than town dogs.
    Poor little dog needs a job. I agree about the farm. I have one that is crossed with a blue heeler, a great dog, and she works on the farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam
    Quote Originally Posted by raptureready
    Poor little dog needs a job. I agree about the farm. I have one that is crossed with a blue heeler, a great dog, and she works on the farm.
    That "poor little dog" want's to herd everything---people walking by, squirrels, birds, even the falling leaves.
    We have a dog too but the only time our's barks is if someone or another dog is in our yard. She does bay when trains go through town but only during the day. We worked with our dog enough to train her. Therein lies the difference. Border Collies are extremely intelligent dogs (had one growing up on the farm) but they have to be trained.

I listen to music. My kids say they can tell what I'm doing by the kind of music I listen too. I love old rock when I quilt and folk and country when I piece.

I love listening to K-Love....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast