Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: This makes my soul hurt........

  1. #1
    Super Member Chasing Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    7,577

  2. #2
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,509
    Blog Entries
    6
    I can't afford another dog, or I'd go pick him up right now! Poor baby!!

  3. #3
    Mimito2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oak Ridge TN
    Posts
    884
    Someone needs buckshot taken to their behind.

  4. #4
    Power Poster alikat110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Waco, Texas
    Posts
    15,217
    Blog Entries
    9
    What a wonderful vet.....

  5. #5
    Senior Member clynns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    975
    Why aren't there stiff penalties for abuse of anything living??

  6. #6
    Super Member Chasing Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    7,577
    Quote Originally Posted by clynns
    Why aren't there stiff penalties for abuse of anything living??
    There are, they aren't enforced.

    Whoever did this will most likely get community service and/or a fine. Personally they should be put in a cage for 5 yrs just like James was.

  7. #7
    Super Member LoriEl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Monroe, NJ
    Posts
    2,711
    Blog Entries
    10
    That is sickening.

  8. #8
    Super Member TonnieLoree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    La Grande, OR
    Posts
    2,458
    I lived in Redmond for almost 20 years. I adopted a cat from the Redmond Humane Society. I also volunteered there on occasion. It is sickening to see the abused animals that are dumped, or have been rescued. I wanted to take them all home with me. The staff at RHS are fantastic.

  9. #9
    Super Member Country1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Posts
    2,476
    Makes me sick! And I'm sure the owners got nothing out of it!

  10. #10
    Super Member Chasing Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    7,577
    Quote Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
    I lived in Redmond for almost 20 years. I adopted a cat from the Redmond Humane Society. I also volunteered there on occasion. It is sickening to see the abused animals that are dumped, or have been rescued. I wanted to take them all home with me. The staff at RHS are fantastic.
    Agreed, that is where we found "our girls"

    Our girls
    Name:  Attachment-216012.jpe
Views: 29
Size:  57.4 KB

  11. #11
    Super Member 2 Doods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NW Oregon
    Posts
    1,816
    They need to stuff the previous owners in a crate! Poor James! The Doods and I hope he can find a loving forever family soon!

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Quincy, IL
    Posts
    49
    OH I KNOW!!!! I see that AS[CA COMMERCIAL AND WANT TO TAKE THEM ALL!!! I JUST ACQUIRED A TERRIER-SCHNAUZER MIX--WHATEVER FROM SOMEONE WHO LEFT HER OUTSIDE ON A LEASH!!! AND THRU SOME REALLY BAD STORMS WE HAVE HAD RECENTLY.....SHE NOW HAS A GREAT HOME AND FOOD ON A DAILY BASIS---A WARM BED (MINE) AND DAILY WALKS (MORNING-AFTER WORK--LATER EVENING AND THE 10 PM) SHE IS WONDERFUL!!!!

  13. #13
    Super Member suebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,080
    Just horrible. I would love to smack (or worse) the idiot that did this to this poor sweet boy. Makes me sick.

  14. #14
    Super Member suebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,080
    Quote Originally Posted by mdunker
    OH I KNOW!!!! I see that AS[CA COMMERCIAL AND WANT TO TAKE THEM ALL!!! I JUST ACQUIRED A TERRIER-SCHNAUZER MIX--WHATEVER FROM SOMEONE WHO LEFT HER OUTSIDE ON A LEASH!!! AND THRU SOME REALLY BAD STORMS WE HAVE HAD RECENTLY.....SHE NOW HAS A GREAT HOME AND FOOD ON A DAILY BASIS---A WARM BED (MINE) AND DAILY WALKS (MORNING-AFTER WORK--LATER EVENING AND THE 10 PM) SHE IS WONDERFUL!!!!
    You're an angel! THANK YOU

  15. #15
    Super Member suebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
    Quote Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
    I lived in Redmond for almost 20 years. I adopted a cat from the Redmond Humane Society. I also volunteered there on occasion. It is sickening to see the abused animals that are dumped, or have been rescued. I wanted to take them all home with me. The staff at RHS are fantastic.
    Agreed, that is where we found "our girls"
    Sweet sweet girls. LOVE IT.

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    220
    That is the saddest story I have ever read on a poor, innocent pet. I pray those fools that did that to James are also put in a cage with no food.

    Dr. Fuller will be paid back ten fold and I firmly believe that. He was wonderful to donate his time to care for the suffering dog.

    sandy14

  17. #17
    Super Member quiltsRfun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    8,052
    Blog Entries
    1
    This kind of thing really upsets me. Why get a dog if you're going to treat it like that?

  18. #18
    Super Member dixiebelle162002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    2,375
    Blog Entries
    2
    Why are some people so mean? I'll never understand it! I can't understand how anyone could hurt an animal. It makes me so sad to even think about it.

  19. #19
    Super Member jljack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North Carolina - But otherwise, NOTW
    Posts
    8,073
    Blog Entries
    9
    We got our Lhasa as a stray who showed up at my daughter's school 10 years ago. Then my DH and I got a boxer from a rescue about 6 years ago. Then we got another baby boxer 3 years ago. I'd have more if I could.

  20. #20
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Alturas, CA
    Posts
    8,413
    Poor guy, I wish I could adopt him.

  21. #21
    Super Member Chasing Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    7,577
    Quote Originally Posted by pocoellie
    Poor guy, I wish I could adopt him.
    me too!!

  22. #22
    Super Member Chasing Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    7,577
    Quote Originally Posted by sandy14
    That is the saddest story I have ever read on a poor, innocent pet. I pray those fools that did that to James are also put in a cage with no food.

    Dr. Fuller will be paid back ten fold and I firmly believe that. He was wonderful to donate his time to care for the suffering dog.

    sandy14
    Yes he will!! I am a firm believer in that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.