Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Quilting ideas please

Do loops using red or green thread. I think it would give it just the punch it needs.

An all over stipple would be fine too. I just wouldn't quilt it boxy - time to add some curves. I would do a simple stipple if you don't want to send it out.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for all the ideas. Feathers are out for me!! Not there yet. I like the loops and mittens. Will check my box of stencils and see if I can find anything. Thanks again. Barb

Quote Originally Posted by Rose L
    I think the easiest thing to FMQ is to just do strings of loops. Since this is a holiday quilt you could do a few loops and then add an ornament every so often so it looks like the ornaments are hanging from the string.
    ditto

Power Poster
    How about the simple 5 point line stars we all learn to draw in grade school? They are easy to machine quilt with loops from one star to another and stars would fit in with the Christmas theme.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful

A Christmas coloring book for little tikes will give you plenty of shapes. Or free applique' patterns from the web. Christmas shapes like trees, ornaments, mittens, snowmen are pretty simple. Just string them together with squiggly lines. It will be beautiful.

How about tracing mittens all over it and then fmq them in red? and green? and blue?

I think I would just do a meandering free motion qulting, especially in the white areas. If you feel ambitious, feathers or swirls would be nice too.

Blog Entries
    Since your border features mittens, how about a mitten in each of the largest blocks, like in the cornerstones, and loops and strings in the white, perhaps with some other simple shapes included. Cookie cutters could give you some outlines, as could the coloring books. Practice on paper first....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast