Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: quilting magazine

Hi, I am very new to quilting and would like to know what would be a good quilting magazine to subscribe to? Thanks for any advice. LyndaJean

My favorite is American Patchwork and Quilting. I subscribe to several but I prefer APQ

Blog Entries
    If you're a beginner I would go with something like McCall's Quick Quilts. There's also Easy Quilts from Fons & Porter but it only comes out 4 times a year. To me, APQ doesn't have very many simple or beginner projects. That is the main reason I quit subscribing to it.

I get both of these, plus two more, but these two would be my favorites. McCall's and American Patchwork.

Those are the two that I subscribe to. I occasionally buy others at a store.

I am very new to this also. (two months). Here is what I am going to do; for what it's worth!!!

I am waiting to subscribe to any magazines right now. This board has been such a wonderful, wealth of information at the tips of my fingers. Their tutorials here ar wonderful.

I find today that most magazines are filled with advertisements. Also, the internet is a wonderful wealth of information. You Tube has so many tutorials on quilting it's unbelievable. I learned how to make a rag quilt and a tube pillowcase (which I got the bright idea to match to the quilt) from watching a video on You Tube about 100 times!

In this time of economic uncertainty, this has just made good sense to me.

Good luck and welcome aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by Japonica
    I am very new to this also. (two months). Here is what I am going to do; for what it's worth!!!

I am waiting to subscribe to any magazines right now. This board has been such a wonderful, wealth of information at the tips of my fingers. Their tutorials here ar wonderful.

I find today that most magazines are filled with advertisements. Also, the internet is a wonderful wealth of information. You Tube has so many tutorials on quilting it's unbelievable. I learned how to make a rag quilt and a tube pillowcase (which I got the bright idea to match to the quilt) from watching a video on You Tube about 100 times!

Blog Entries
    My suggestion is to go to a LQS or store and look through some. They all kind of specialize in certain types of quilts/quilting, and find the one(s) that suit your taste :D:D:D

Quote Originally Posted by lyndajean
    Quote Originally Posted by Japonica

Thanks, there is so much information on the site, sometimes I lose track of time just browsing. Btw, the picture on my profile is my first quilt top, dont look to closely it is far from perfect! :-)

My favorite continues to be Quilters Newsletter. I'm not looking for patterns in magazines. American Quilter's Society also has an excellent magazine that's included with your membership.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast