Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilting Magazines

Blog Entries

Quilting Magazines

I'm new to quilting and want to subscribe to a quilting magazine. I need some opinions/advise on which one I should go with. Thanks

You might try using the search function because I think we have had some discussions on this. Good luck!!

Blog Entries
    I have let all my subscriptions to my magazines expire. I subscribed to 5 at one time! There are soo many freebies on the internet. I found myself looking through the magazines a couple of times when they came in the mail and then putting them on my bookshelf and there they sit! I now browse the magazine aisle at Joann's and such and if something catches my eye, then I will buy it. However, the one magazine that I enjoyed the most and the one that I keep thinking I am going to renew is Quilter's World. I seemed to use more of the patterns out it. American Patchwork and Quilting is another one that I pick up sometimes.
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    I have let all my subscriptions to my magazines expire. I subscribed to 5 at one time! There are soo many freebies on the internet. I found myself looking through the magazines a couple of times when they came in the mail and then putting them on my bookshelf and there they sit! I now browse the magazine aisle at Joann's and such and if something catches my eye, then I will buy it. However, the one magazine that I enjoyed the most and the one that I keep thinking I am going to renew is Quilter's World. I seemed to use more of the patterns out it. American Patchwork and Quilting is another one that I pick up sometimes.
    Ditto on the magazine subscriptions. What I hate about ordering magazine subsrciptions is that it seems I barely get it ordered and they are already sending renewal notices in the mail every month and I couldn't remember when my magazines were actaully "really" due. Now I do like you and browse through them and buy only if something in it appeals to me. Although I faithfully buy Better Homes and Gardens American Patchwork, McCalls Quilting, and Quilts and More. Those 3 are on my Priority list.

Blog Entries
    It's kind of hard to recommend one since we all have different tastes. One quilter may recommend a certain magazine because she likes modern styles, another quilter may recommend a different magazine because she likes applique. You might check your local library to see if they subscribe to any quilt magazines and check those out. A lot of quilt guilds have lending libraries, also.

Good luck!

Blog Entries
    Check out the magazine at the library or look at JoAnn's to see which ones fit your needs. I subscribe to Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting and McCalls something or other.
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

Your public library may have some of the magazines available, and you could get a better idea from those whether there's anything you might enjoy regularly.
    We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
    ~ Charles Kingsley

Here's the thread from earlier this month --->

Favorite quilt magazines?
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca