Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Favorite quilt magazines?

Favorite quilt magazines?

What are your favorite quilt magazines? And why?
    Sharonkay
    ---
    New to quilting
    Love Horses!

My preference is American Patchwork & Quilting. Always a nice selection of quilts, regardless of your style or preference. Rarely do I not see a project I'd like to do. Photography is lovely. Decent articles.

I enjoy Quilting Arts, though I don't make 'Art' quilts. I do however like to take the various fabric manipulation techniques and then use that manipulated fabric in more traditional pieced quilts.

I subscribe to quite a few magazines: Quilt World, American Patchwork, McCalls, Quilt Life and Fons & Porter Love of Quilting. My two favorites are American Patchwork and McCalls there magazine appeals to me more. If you want a magazine that gives you more for your money then that is Quilters World you can both it delivered and the digital subscription for one price. Plus they give you access to all of there past magazines that you can download with the subscription. They have some nice patterns in there too.

I like Quilt. Its basic.

I like American Patchwork and Quilting, Fons and Porter, and McCalls.

I agree with American Patchwork and McCalls.

I used to like quilters home but not now. I like quilts and more because it has other stuff besides quilts.

quilt,quilters newsletter is a new favorite, quiltmaker, and mccalls

I like Quilt, Quiltmaker, Quick Quilt, and McCalls the best because they have lots of patterns and interesting articles.

Blog Entries
    Fons and Porter Love of Quilting

Quilts and More...and Primitive Quilts and Projects are the 2 I like best....once in awhile will buy another magazine, but only if it has several things in it that I think I really would make

Funny you should ask My friend and I visited our favorite quilt shop on Tuesday. We always take what quilt magazines we are done with into the store to share with others. The LQS owner had a few very nice quilt mags for us to take home with us from her!! International Quilt Festival - Quilt Scene at $14.99!! Princess and the Frog - Northcott, Fons & Porter Quilting Celebrations (all holidays) $6.99, American Quilter $5.99, Quiltmaker $5.99, and The Quilter Magazine $6.99. Really enjoying seeing some new magazines.

Blog Entries
    I love the Australian Patchwork and Quilting magazines. My problem is that they are hard for me to find here in Oklahoma City. Seems they are just to pricey and so the shops have stopped stocking them. And they are right $10 for a magazine is a little steep. I have been buying them 1/2 price on the internet. Just bought all of the 2011 issues for about $25.00!! I love them because they do a lot of scrappy, bright, and applique quilts and they have just flair.

Blog Entries
    Wow, didn't realize that if I stop buying so many magazines I might be able to afford an embroidery machine! LOL I think my favorite has to be McCalls because the format is larger and I can see the details more clearly on featured quilts. The always buy list includes the Australian Patchwork and Quilting --- so many projects and ideas. Plus has coffee table presence! Quilting Arts and I think there is one called Trends that I pick up, not always available in the grocery line up. BH&G American Patchwork & Quilting always comes home with me.

My pet peeve about magazines are the ones that take two or three issues to complete the directions for a pattern --- I don't subscribe just catch them at the checkout stands so sometimes I miss out on a good project.

I recently got a subscription to Quiltmaker. It has quilt patterns that appeal to me and I was able to get a digital subscription. Now I don't have to worry about where to store all of those magazines!