Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Favorite quilt magazines? >

Favorite quilt magazines?

Favorite quilt magazines?

Old 08-09-2012, 04:41 AM

Fons and Porter Love of Quilting
Old 08-09-2012, 04:43 AM

Quilts and More...and Primitive Quilts and Projects are the 2 I like best....once in awhile will buy another magazine, but only if it has several things in it that I think I really would make
Old 08-09-2012, 04:58 AM

Funny you should ask My friend and I visited our favorite quilt shop on Tuesday. We always take what quilt magazines we are done with into the store to share with others. The LQS owner had a few very nice quilt mags for us to take home with us from her!! International Quilt Festival - Quilt Scene at $14.99!! Princess and the Frog - Northcott, Fons & Porter Quilting Celebrations (all holidays) $6.99, American Quilter $5.99, Quiltmaker $5.99, and The Quilter Magazine $6.99. Really enjoying seeing some new magazines.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:23 AM

I love the Australian Patchwork and Quilting magazines. My problem is that they are hard for me to find here in Oklahoma City. Seems they are just to pricey and so the shops have stopped stocking them. And they are right $10 for a magazine is a little steep. I have been buying them 1/2 price on the internet. Just bought all of the 2011 issues for about $25.00!! I love them because they do a lot of scrappy, bright, and applique quilts and they have just flair.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:46 AM

Wow, didn't realize that if I stop buying so many magazines I might be able to afford an embroidery machine! LOL I think my favorite has to be McCalls because the format is larger and I can see the details more clearly on featured quilts. The always buy list includes the Australian Patchwork and Quilting --- so many projects and ideas. Plus has coffee table presence! Quilting Arts and I think there is one called Trends that I pick up, not always available in the grocery line up. BH&G American Patchwork & Quilting always comes home with me.

My pet peeve about magazines are the ones that take two or three issues to complete the directions for a pattern --- I don't subscribe just catch them at the checkout stands so sometimes I miss out on a good project.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:59 AM

I recently got a subscription to Quiltmaker. It has quilt patterns that appeal to me and I was able to get a digital subscription. Now I don't have to worry about where to store all of those magazines!