Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilting Suggestions for Diamond Ring??

Quilting Suggestions for Diamond Ring??

So I've finished the top for my parents' 60th Anniversary quilt, pin-basted it, and now I'm stuck. It's been nearly a year and I really want to get this done. I plan to outline all the rings, and probably the diamonds in all the arcs too. I just can't decide what to do in the ring centers. The quilt on the pattern leaflet was done with diagonal lines that formed an "X" in all the centers. I am not sure I want to do that since nearly half the centers contain signatures or messages. I am afraid it will obscure the writing. But it will definitely need some quilting in those large center sections. I have considered invisible nylon thread, but it's not my first choice.

Any ideas? Thanks for your input!

Name:  DiamondRingBasted.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  321.7 KB
    www.makeminepatchwork.etsy.com
    www.zibbet.com/makeminepatchwork

"Piecin' a quilt's like livin' a life...The Lord sends us the pieces, but we can cut 'em out and put 'em together pretty much to suit ourselves, and there's a heap more in the cuttin' and the sewin' than there is in the caliker...I've had a heap of comfort all my life making quilts, and now in my old age I wouldn't take a fortune for them." (Eliza Calvert Hall, Aunt Jane of Kentucky)

A small heart with cross hatching around it?

No suggestions on the quilting, but that is a spectacular quilt. I've never seen that pattern before.

Blog Entries
    What a beautiful pattern, you have done a wonderful job!! I like the idea of a feathered heart!!
    A quilt is a blanket of love. Sharon

Power Poster
    Very pretty! The only thing I can think of without messing up the writing, is underlining the text every other line? You could also meander with invisible thread, for some reason meandering to me looks like a non pattern and I don't really notice it.

No quilting suggestion but wanted to say what a lovely quilt! Congratulations to your parents, too - that is quite an achievement!

Alison

I don't know, but that is one gorgeous quilt!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Banned
    There are quilting stencils especially for the wedding ring. If you are concerned with quilting covering the lettering I would do a test sample to see. It definitely needs quilting in the centers.

I googled the diamond wedding ring quilt & found some images that clearly show the quilting, maybe one of them might give you an idea? http://quiltinspiration.blogspot.ca/...rt-2-judy.html