Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Quilting X's

Quote Originally Posted by MommaDorian
    Quote Originally Posted by sewgull
    Wing it and have fun. A rag quilt is a fun snuggle thing to enjoy.
    I've got mine all pieced together, but today my scissors decided they didn't want to cut through flannel anymore. So, I've got to find some new ones before I can finish the cutting part.
    Before you buy scissors for the job, there is a rotary cutter that is specifically designed to cut chenille strips without cutting through the entire quilt. It has a cutting shield under the blade that you insert between the layers. It might be worth a look?

I just line up the corners by eye - it looks OK to me.

Just eyeballing corner to corner works for me but you could gently fold and press an X prior to sewing - just sew down the fold and not have to worry about washing out any markings.

Blog Entries
    I made a few rag quilts & started with doing an X on the blocks.Ended up making a free motion heart in the centers.No one noticed because they're scrunchy blocks :D
    BTW...a pair of spring loaded scissors makes a diff. Got mine at Joanns with 50% off.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jitkaau

Before you buy scissors for the job, there is a rotary cutter that is specifically designed to cut chenille strips without cutting through the entire quilt. It has a cutting shield under the blade that you insert between the layers. It might be worth a look?
    Does anybody have a link for this? I finished my first rag quilt last night. I really enjoyed doing it, but I really disliked the cutting part.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3