Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quiltmaker Issue 136 - Help! Instructions needed for pattern

I received my copy of Quiltmaker No 136 yesterday, this is the November/December issue. I surely hope SOMEONE else has got this issue as well because I'm having a problem understanding the instructions for "Anitas's Arrowhead" quilt on page 16. This is a wonderfully fun way to cut and sew a new block. So, thought I'd try it.

The instructions say you need 21 fat quarters. Cutting says you need 84 squares cut 8-1/2" by 8-1/2". Which, if my brain is screwed in right today, one doesn't need any other piece to complete this block because you are supposed to put two of these squares right sides together and begin construction of the aforementioned block. It's JUST these two pieces involved in the block construction.

After all the sewing and cutting of the block, the instructions say to trim the finished block to 9 x 9. (?)

This has me buffaloed. There is no phone number available to call the mag, and I thought if any of you out there in Quiltland could have had similar questions - maybe someone has actually tried it and can help.

Thanks so much for anyone who can help me. I'd surely like to get on trying this block, it looks fun. But the instructions are not easily understood and leave something to be desired.

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    I hope someone can help you

can you change the subject line to have more have ? on what you need???

Blog Entries
    I searched and found the website, they also have a community there maybe you can post a ?

Good luck

http://www.quiltmaker.com/index.html

np3
    Blog Entries
    I wish I could help, but i don't take magazines anymore.

cjk
    I have that issue... going to look.

cjk
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerella
    I received my copy of Quiltmaker No 136 yesterday, this is the November/December issue. I surely hope SOMEONE else has got this issue as well because I'm having a problem understanding the instructions for "Anitas's Arrowhead" quilt on page 16. This is a wonderfully fun way to cut and sew a new block. So, thought I'd try it.

The instructions say you need 21 fat quarters. Cutting says you need 84 squares cut 8-1/2" by 8-1/2". Which, if my brain is screwed in right today, one doesn't need any other piece to complete this block because you are supposed to put two of these squares right sides together and begin construction of the aforementioned block. It's JUST these two pieces involved in the block construction.

After all the sewing and cutting of the block, the instructions say to trim the finished block to 9 x 9. (?)

This has me buffaloed. There is no phone number available to call the mag, and I thought if any of you out there in Quiltland could have had similar questions - maybe someone has actually tried it and can help.

Thanks so much for anyone who can help me. I'd surely like to get on trying this block, it looks fun. But the instructions are not easily understood and leave something to be desired.

Thanks in advance.
    I read it quickly.. It says to pair 2 -8 1/2" blocks together and then trim them to 8". If your question was how do you get a 9" block from a 8 1/2"block. I'm assuming that the 2 blocks when cut and sewn make a 9" block. Haven't tried it yet but it looks interesting.

Blog Entries
    I'll look when I get home -- about 3 hours from now. I got it a couple of days ago, but didn't look at that pattern yet.

Hi there, I once had a problem with a Quiltmaker pattern.
    My answer came from a Carolyn Beam at Quiltmaker.
    her e-mail is cbeam@creativecraftsgroup.com.
    I believe she works at the magazine.
    Good Luck!
    Barb in Arizona

Thanks, Barb in Arizona. I used your information and sent off an e-mail query to the lady. Will let you know what happens.

in the last pitcher it shows that you would be trimming the points on the 4 conners to square up

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast