Old 10-07-2010, 01:29 PM
cjk

Originally Posted by gingerella
I received my copy of Quiltmaker No 136 yesterday, this is the November/December issue. I surely hope SOMEONE else has got this issue as well because I'm having a problem understanding the instructions for "Anitas's Arrowhead" quilt on page 16. This is a wonderfully fun way to cut and sew a new block. So, thought I'd try it.

The instructions say you need 21 fat quarters. Cutting says you need 84 squares cut 8-1/2" by 8-1/2". Which, if my brain is screwed in right today, one doesn't need any other piece to complete this block because you are supposed to put two of these squares right sides together and begin construction of the aforementioned block. It's JUST these two pieces involved in the block construction.

After all the sewing and cutting of the block, the instructions say to trim the finished block to 9 x 9. (?)

This has me buffaloed. There is no phone number available to call the mag, and I thought if any of you out there in Quiltland could have had similar questions - maybe someone has actually tried it and can help.

Thanks so much for anyone who can help me. I'd surely like to get on trying this block, it looks fun. But the instructions are not easily understood and leave something to be desired.

Thanks in advance.
I read it quickly.. It says to pair 2 -8 1/2" blocks together and then trim them to 8". If your question was how do you get a 9" block from a 8 1/2"block. I'm assuming that the 2 blocks when cut and sewn make a 9" block. Haven't tried it yet but it looks interesting.