Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilty New Year's Resolution >

Quilty New Year's Resolution

Quilty New Year's Resolution

Old 12-22-2015, 07:01 PM

I will be making lots of variations of Christmas tree wall hangings to decorate my home next Christmas. I have a bunch of ideas from pinterest already and I'm gathering up all my green fabric. I don't put up a decorated tree because I have two pretty destructive cats, so 2016 is going to be the year of the Christmas tree wallhanging for me.
Old 12-22-2015, 07:13 PM

Last year's resolution was to make quilts for the children in a Head Start program in my neighborhood. That was 20 quilts. I tried to make ones suitable for both boys and girls and was very surprised when some boys picked ones I deemed girl quilts and vice versa. All of the quilts were made with scrap material and very well received. Of course I asked permission first.
Old 12-23-2015, 12:55 AM

Nursing Home washing machine and dryer cycles are all run at severe temperatures and often use bleach and other chemicals. I work in a nursing home laundry and we do not have the time nor the facility to do "gentle cycles"....everything is absolutely washed, treated and dried to within an inch of its life. I have watched too many quilts and throw rugs end up ruined and there are very few families who are happy to take "special" things home to launder. And yes, theft is rife unfortunately. I applaud the sentiment however. Something nicer would be quilted spectacle cases/holders; most elderly people wear glasses and having a nice protective case for them at the end of the day would be appreciated.

Last edited by ruby2shoes; 12-23-2015 at 12:57 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-23-2015, 04:03 AM

wow.... 60 is quite an endeavor. I'm lucky if I get to finish 5 (not counting baby blankets and other small objects).

I make a list of goals each year and write them on a poster board which is posted in my sewing room. I cross the items off as I accomplish them. A few of my goals for 2015 were to practice FMQ, learn to machine applique and avoid UFO's along with a couple of quilts to finish. I achieved more than 75% of them so a few will roll over to 2016. I am going to add paper-piecing to 2016 as I desperately need to fine-tune my technique.
Old 12-23-2015, 04:05 AM

I have 3 quilts that have to be made, 1 that is in the lineup after that 3 and would love to make one for me! Many people in my family are wondering if they are on the list for 2016. I am happy that all recipients have loved their quilts and no one gave theirs to the dog!
Old 12-23-2015, 04:15 AM

My New Year's resolution is to TAKE the time to be in my quilting room more. Seems like I leave the quilting to the end of the day and then I am too tired and put it off until tomorrow.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:06 AM

My goal is to stop buying fabric and patterns that I will never use up in my lifetime. Thinking about selling off fabric, pattern books, and my Singer 99K as it never gets used.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:07 AM

In the new year, I will finish the queen sized Radiant star for my mom, my Goddaughter is getting married in May, so she will need a special quilt. Next up on my family lists are my brother and my hubby's sister. Then all the siblings will have a quilt from me. I need to clean out my craft room, which is Full of stamping supplies and convert it to a quilting room. When I started quilting 5 years ago, I quickly lost interest in stamping. Now I end up piling my quilting supplies on the counters in there when I need the guest room for guests. Cleaning out the Stamp Room is going to be difficult for me. I was a Stamping' Up Demonstrator for the first 11 years that I was a full-time mom. That room was my sanctuary and creative outlet for many years. Letting go of all that stuff will be hard.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:20 AM

I just need to get the sewing room cleaned (again, sigh) and finish things already started.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:33 AM

I've checked with my area Ronald McDonald House and want to donate quilts to their organization. Just got the go ahead so I'm trying to tie up some loose ends on other quilts I'm working on and will prepare to sew daily in order to make my donations. You can only have so many quilts for yourself and storage can be a problem so - problem solved. I love your idea for making the small lap quilts - What size are you doing, pyffer3?
Susan