Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rag quilt ?

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    It won't rag as well with only one layer of flannel :wink: :D:D:D
    Excellent point.

Yep i have the 8 1/2" rag cutter and i sell the precuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by lfstamper
    many lqs carry accu go which has a rag quilt template that will cut the 5" squares and rag them. Much easier!

I have never done it with one piece of fabric for each block but I do use one piece of flannel and one piece of denim per block no need to stitch any where but the seams and no batting is needed It is very warm this way and saves steps

you need some (substance) to have the raggy edges- if you only stitch single squares of flannel together then clip the seam there will be a little bit of fray but nothing with substance- it will within a couple washes fray away right to your stitching line and just be some strings sticking out.
    many of us when making raggy quilts are looking for materials to add more layers without making the quilt too heavy--

Thanxs everyone, I will use flannel on top and bottom and skip the batting to keep it lighter! I'm makin what they call a warm fuzzy for a group of kids in an A lateen program . When one of the children is sharing about a hard time there having with there addict parent or family member another child wraps them in a warm fuzzy. It's great to see the children getting stronger and supporting each other thru shared harder times.

duplicate post, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by tina romero masters
    Thanxs everyone, I will use flannel on top and bottom and skip the batting to keep it lighter! I'm makin what they call a warm fuzzy for a group of kids in an A lateen program . When one of the children is sharing about a hard time there having with there addict parent or family member another child wraps them in a warm fuzzy. It's great to see the children getting stronger and supporting each other thru shared harder times.
    aww, that's nice.

I made a rag quilt with flannel for the front and back (no batting) because it was for my DGD who lives in a very warm climate. It came out great and ragged nicely. It's very warm!

What a wonderful project you are making! I have used just 2 layers of flannel, and that works really well.

Blog Entries
    I wondered about doing that with just jeans fabric.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast