Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Raise your hand if you have a separate machine for just quilting?

Raise your hand if you have a separate machine for just quilting?

Hey ladies. I have a Bernina 350 pe and I love it. I just don't love quilting on it. I was thinking of getting the Brother PQ1500 for quilting only purposes instead of getting a new huge $4k-$5k machine. I like my 350 for everyday.

My question is, does anyone else have a 2nd machine for quilt only purposes? Thoughts??

Blog Entries
    yes, my juki tl98q is on the frame and does not do any other sewing
    Nancy in western NY

Blog Entries
    I have the Brother PQ1500. I use my Bernina, Janone and Singers for piecing, workshops, and for friends who come and sew with me.
    Got fabric?

Power Poster
    I switch between machines depending on what thread is in them. I also switch depending on what I am doing. I use my 440 with the BSR for FMQ and for detail work because it has my magnifying glass on it. I use my lighter machine for work shops.

I have a Janome 1600P for quilting & piece on my Pfaff. I love my Janome- it is a real workhorse. I use it for other things, too, but I love it for quilting.

My main machine is a Bernina830 - I'm learning how to quilt on it. Just purchased the Bernina 350 to use for classes, retreats and for my grandchildren to sew on. Just don't have the space for a long arm machine.

I quilt on my 1951 Singer 15. I piece on my 1946 Singer 15.

I have close to 30 machines. So I'm not the person to ask if you should own only two. LOL.

I HAVE 5 machines and i would love to get a brother but i better stop with the ones
    i have. i will have to add up all my husbands table saw ha ha

I have 12 machines.....some are old ones I've picked up at yard sales and thrift stores because they worked and needed me!!!! I do most of my piecing on the Juki TL98Q but also love to pull out the featherweight or a couple of other old singers I have that only do straight stitch, it's just that the Juki goes so fast and has that automatic cutter and I love to go fast when I can!!!! I did purchase the Juki for quilting because I didn't have one that did good free motion at the time, the throats were just too small on the little singers I had.Have since added an Innova and frame for quilting my tops.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast