Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rapid Fire Hunter's Star

Blog Entries
    Name:  HUNTERS STAR.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  1.10 MBHere are three blocks (2 from class and 1 this AM) that will become a table runner. The class was for a wall hanging, but I have no wall space available...LOL
    Sunnie
    a dog show & quilt addict
    www.buckhollow.net

Blog Entries
    b e a u t i f u l !
    Bernie

Oh, that's fantastic! And it's beautifully pieced, too - you did a GREAT job of keeping those points lined up! Way to go!

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=thepolyparrot;4751398]Oh, that's fantastic! And it's beautifully pieced, too - you did a GREAT job of keeping those points lined up! Way to go! [/QUOTE

One of the great things about this "system" is that the points almost line themselves up. Makes the piecer look better than they are. LOL
    Sunnie
    www.buckhollow.net

Okay, now I have to try this system. Your points are PERFECT!!! I love the fabric you chose.
    Fay

Wanted: a job that involves raising cats, riding motorcycles and creating quilts!

Blog Entries
    I met Deb Tucker at Quilt Market - what a wonderful tool! A Hunter's Star quilt has been on my WHIMM list (Work Hidden In My Mind) for some time, even made a block for a swap here on the board! That one was paper-pieced; so time consuming! So I couldn't help myself and just ordered a ruler online. (Thanks, Santa) Maybe when things slow down after Christmas I'll have a little time to quilt for myself. Love your blocks, Sunnie!!
    Last edited by doowopddbop; 12-05-2011 at 04:53 AM.

GORGEOUS Sunni - I tried to make the pattern with pp and gave up - How would I adjust the measurements if I wanted to make a 12" block instead of a 6? Did you have the special ruler? I was hoping to use all the gazillion rulers I have already!

THANKS!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stitchinwitch View Post
    GORGEOUS Sunni - I tried to make the pattern with pp and gave up - How would I adjust the measurements if I wanted to make a 12" block instead of a 6? Did you have the special ruler? I was hoping to use all the gazillion rulers I have already!

THANKS!
    I have the Petite Star Template. It will make 5", 6", 7" and 8" blocks. The Large star ruler makes blocks finishing to 7", 8", 9" and 10". A block is only 1/4 of the star so my 6" blocks ended up to be a 12 1/4" star block. Hope this isn't too confusing.
    Sunnie
    www.buckhollow.net

Very lovely block, technique you learned was wonderful. Loved the Youtube video, just may look for the ruler myself. Oh Boy! another project in mind-------

Thank you Alicat for looking up that tut. Now to remember to buy that ruler, just what I need--another ruler. SIGH
    Let God be your quilt and wrap you in His loving care.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast