Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Rapid Fire Hunter's Star

Blog Entries
    Hunter stars are one of my favorites - thanks for sharing!

I thoroughly enjoyed the you tube video and totally understood it--which is pretty good for a newbie...

Where do I get it and how much is that cool ruler? It sure looks like it will make my life a whole lot easier..

This is the first time I've ever heard of a Rapid Fire Hunter's Star. I've heard of Hunter's Star. I watched the video; very interesting! This would sure be a good hands on class. Would like to try working with one before committing:-)
    Linda
    Pensacola, FL

Quote Originally Posted by doowopddbop View Post
    I met Deb Tucker at Quilt Market - what a wonderful tool! A Hunter's Star quilt has been on my WHIMM list (Work Hidden In My Mind) for some time, even made a block for a swap here on the board! That one was paper-pieced; so time consuming! So I couldn't help myself and just ordered a ruler online. (Thanks, Santa) Maybe when things slow down after Christmas I'll have a little time to quilt for myself. Love your blocks, Sunnie!!
    I was lucky to meet Deb Tucker too at the Des Moines Quilt Show this year. I really liked her and she was so personable. I already use her Tucker Trimmer so when she showed me how easy her new ruler was for the Hunter's Star I was hooked. Surprise huh since I am a gadget/ruler lover. She is so nice and always trying to figure out easier ways for us to make our quilts.
    Shari

Blog Entries
    I love this ruler! I made a quilt using this back in June and you can see a picture of it on my blog. Here's the post.
    http://joanne-everyonedeservesaquilt...24-and-25.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnie View Post
    One of the great things about this "system" is that the points almost line themselves up. Makes the piecer look better than they are. LOL
    Sold! I need all the help I can get! I have the feeling that you're just being modest, but if the ruler helped you make something that precise, it's definitely something I need, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne9of12 View Post
    I love this ruler! I made a quilt using this back in June and you can see a picture of it on my blog. Here's the post.
    http://joanne-everyonedeservesaquilt...24-and-25.html
    Oh, that's really beautiful! Was your experience with the ruler as smooth as Sunnie's? Very nice quilt!

This looks like another block for my bucket list and now I have tips and tools to make it easier, thank you!

This is going to be my next project using batiks.

I also took a class to make this pattern. I actually got 2 18" blocks put together in the class and now it has been so much time that I need the class again to finish the quilt. Our teacher was excellent also but too much time since I did any work on it.
    Lorraine

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4