Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
really getting interested in purchasing an embroidery machine >

really getting interested in purchasing an embroidery machine

really getting interested in purchasing an embroidery machine

Old 10-28-2009, 12:50 AM

I agree to get the best you can afford. I have a Bernina QE 440 and after having it for a month, I got the embroidery module for it. I love it!!!! I have had so much fun making different things for the family, a few are posted on the pics site. I can use a small, medium and large hoop. There is also a mega hoop, but a bit pricey so that will have to wait. Mine can quilt a quilt also, which is what sold me on the embroidery module.

If I had the money, I might have a dedicated embroidery machine, so I could have both the sewing and embroidery machine set up at the same time, but for the money, I am verrrrry happy with my Bernina and it's embroidery module.

Good luck with whatever you choose. I am sure that there are some great deals out there to be had, last years model or demo models. Let us know what you decide.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:50 AM

I agree, go to Pocono Sew and Vac in Stroudsburg Pa. Thats where I purchased my machine and they have such a large variety to choose from. I got the Janome 10001 and it was a demo, so the cost was almost half. I love it. Your dealer is your most important friend. Marge
Old 10-28-2009, 03:40 AM

I'm new to the board but I just wanted to say I go to Pocono Sew and Vac as well. They sold me my 1st machine-a Janome Dc 3050, and now I have a used Brother qc-1000 on lay away. They are wonderful to work with and have very competitive prices. I have been looking at their embroidery machines on and off, but I doubt I would use it enough to justify the expense.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by mic-pa
I agree, go to Pocono Sew and Vac in Stroudsburg Pa. Thats where I purchased my machine and they have such a large variety to choose from. I got the Janome 10001 and it was a demo, so the cost was almost half. I love it. Your dealer is your most important friend. Marge
There is a Janome dealer in town, that is where I purchased my DC3050. The current owners are selling the business.......could be a good thing, or not...