Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Really upset... >

Really upset...

Really upset...

Old 07-03-2010, 02:22 PM

[quote=Bev]
Originally Posted by angieh1964
i would have caught him and snapped everyone of his little fingers like twigs on a tree...just kidding }

I like the finger snapping thing.
:lol:
right there with ya on that....
Old 07-03-2010, 03:11 PM

I have followed this for a while. My guess is that he has been punished enough. I kind of think that you think so also. Little guys and girls need love and guidance, and you have already worked through your troubles. God bless you, and the little guy.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:15 PM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Originally Posted by marsye
SEND HIM HOME!!!!!!!! :thumbup:
Ditto on that. I would however tell him that you did not find his little trick amusing and that if he ever does anything like that again you will not allow him over for a week.
Then maybe I would see if he would like to get involved in learning to sew. I think all men should have that skill anyway. It can always be useful in life.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lucille A
I have followed this for a while. My guess is that he has been punished enough. I kind of think that you think so also. Little guys and girls need love and guidance, and you have already worked through your troubles. God bless you, and the little guy.
I like this, Lucille A. I like it a lot! :)
Old 07-04-2010, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Lucille A
He and his mother popped round this morning. He has made me a "sorry" card. I gave him the biggest hug and told him that I still love him, but not to touch the machine as he could hurt himself. He agreed and we sat down to a few rounds of Uno (his fave. game). I think both he and I have learned from this! Thank you for your kind message.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:00 AM
Power Poster

Looks like a pretty good ending -

Your quilt wasn't totally ruined -

The boy (and his mom) now know to keep "hands off" your stuff -

And he made a "sorry" card -

And you are "friends/buddies" again.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:11 AM

awww, don't you just love happy endings??? :D
Old 07-04-2010, 09:29 AM

Think of the great memories you can remind him of when he's older and has children of his own!
Old 07-04-2010, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pam
Darn, ripping is never fun, but I am glad you caught it right away.

I would take that kid right outside and kiss him, a great big, fat sloppy one right on the face in front of his friends! My kids KNEW this was going to happen to them, they HATE that, works everytime.
Dang Pam! Best idea for punishment I've ever hear!
Old 07-04-2010, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by JJs
Originally Posted by bearisgray
I would have had unkind thoughts about the child's upbringing/parentage and behavior.

(This is assuming the boy is "normal" - absolutely no offense is meant with that comment - I do understand/realize that some slack has to be given for some conditions/situations)

And seen no humor whatsoever in his messing with the project.
I totally understand - my middle child is "challenged" (she's an adult now and still lives with us) and she NEVER would have done something this dumb! I have used her as criteria ever since she was tiny - if SHE knew better - then for sure, so called normal kids know better,
if SHE could/can do it, then there's no reason so called normal kids or adults can't do it
she was in special ed all through school and worked in a sheltered workshop for awhile until we took her out...
That's the main reason I don't buy a lot of lame excuses - I have a handicapped person in my home and she does fine -
I've never expected her to do something that I know she can't but there's no whining "I can't" before even trying...
and absolutely no "I didn't know, I didn't mean it, I was just joking" for stupidity or ignorance or meaness -
apparently people don't expect anything out of anybody anymore - awwww, poor little kid, he didn't know - yes he did, especially at ten...
Double ditto! In our family we use the word 'typical' instead of 'normal.' I have 2 autistic grandsons, and they both have been taught beautiful manners. I know several others here have autistic children or grandchildren in the spectrum of autism, and to us, 'normal' and 'not normal' are not kind words.