Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Recession + gasoline = less fabric!

This just reeks! My favorite all time favorite LQS is having a terriffic sale on friday. They open their doors at 7 a.m. and they are having fat quarters for a dollar and under. There are scrap bags and tons and tons of deals to be had. Woe is me! The shop is 45 miles away and I drive a cargo van (im a painter/paperhanger) that gets 14 miles per gallon and gas is almost 4.50 here. It just doesn't make sense to go all the way there and buy more fabric because I have a good size stash and I've got a husband who has been laid off for 13 months and just got another job and yadayadayada. You know- two years ago- I wouldn't have even thought about it. I wouldn't have even bothered to think about the gas vs. the savings- but things have changed- I'll just have to be content with the fabric i have. *sniff *sniff :?

Sell some of your stash on here and only spend what you make!

We'er all in the same boat(the sinking one). I've quit going with our group to quilt shops because I can't stand to just look and I have more than enough. Someone said well you can go and look- No I can't!

Perhaps you could post some of your fabrics that you would like to trade and get something different in return.

I can sympathize with you - I've been out of work for a year, and my unemployment ran out last week. I did my last fabric shopping for a while.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I feel your pain about the gas. On a good note gas did drop 19 cents over the last 2 days here. Hopefully it will drop everywhere.

I feel for all of you and it is same with us,on fixed income.I drive a large truck and was going to trade it in. But then..car payment..full coverage ins. and taxes.
    maybe we could all just start a fabric exchange.....
    oh well, such as life

Blog Entries
    I know I don't go out very often now since gas prices are too high

so I just stay home

We are soon going to be just like those who went through the recession before, using old cloths and scraps, to bad we no longer have feed bags to purchase or we would also do that. Lets hope we do not have to go through rashining and get those little stamps to purchase things.

Blog Entries
    I feel your pain. We have to drive about 25 miles just to get to any store so we can't even avoid it.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast